Fifa 21 - Initial release date: October 6, 2020

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
yIC9wGA.png

Initial release date: October 6, 2020
Series: FIFA
Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Picked it up on my lunch break, gonna start a Man United career mode after work.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
Picked it up on my lunch break, gonna start a Man United career mode after work.
i have yet to try this game. it's not cracked on the PC so i have to end up buying it. I don't want to pay full price though. I hate EA sports and their business tactics.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Call it what it is.

Dutch judge rules that EA should be fined €500k every week until it removes FIFA loot boxes | VGC

The decision was approved by the court of The Hague on Thursday, following a lengthy legal battle between the Gaming Authority and EA.

The independent body ruled in 2018 that FIFA’s Ultimate Team Packs mechanic was in violation of its Gambling Act, and suggested the weekly fine (up to a maximum of €10 million), which was then challenged by EA in court.

A weekly €250,000 fine will be charged against both EA and its Swiss subsidiary, which is responsible for the sale of FIFA, for a total of €500,000 a week.

According to NU.nl, the FIFA publisher had argued that the content of its FUT packs only had value within the game itself, as they could not be converted into money.

However, the judge dismissed EA’s objections on Thursday and ordered that if the company wants to avoid the weekly fine, it would need to disable loot boxes within three weeks.

The loot box mechanic has faced mainstream criticism in recent years amid comparisons to gambling.

Some European countries have already classified loot boxes as gambling, while all three console platform holders have introduced policies that require games made for their consoles to disclose loot box odds.

Loot boxes have also attracted the attention of the UK’s House of Lords. In September 2019, a report from the UK’s Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee advised the UK government to regulate loot boxes under gambling law and ban them from sale to children.

There is currently no legal consensus in the US on whether loot boxes constitute gambling. However, games ratings board the ESRB has begun flagging games that contain random in-game purchases such as loot boxes or gacha mechanics.