FGC brehs, I need input (Controller or Fight Sticks)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:wow:SF6 kinda brought back the itch. I used to be into fighters but old age is a MOFO:flabbynsick:. But anywho, what do y'all use to get busy online? Is it worth copping a fight stick, or it seems like a waste of money. Also, what's the benefit of expensive ass fight sticks versus a regular, cheap one?

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
controller or fight stick comes down to preference and what you're most comfortable using. I'm trash, but I'm a lot less trasher using a fight stick than I am on controller. there's no real inherent advantage to using one over the other (unless you're using a hitbox, but i imagine the learning curve on there is high AF).

as for cheap vs. expensive fight sticks, the higher end sticks often have better quality parts, wider compatibility, and more features.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yea it's honestly preference. I always been a controller player but I also need 6 face buttons as I hate using trigger buttons for fighter other then shortcuts.

Been using a hori commander 4 for the past couple years now and no complaints though it seems the one that i have is no longer being made and they have a newer version of it with a analog stick.

This is the one I'm currently using

This is the newer version of it

But yea I could never get used to playing on a stick and I tried multiple times.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Old school, I refuse to use a pad. I still use my SF4 Mad Catz TE, I just replace the stick and buttons every so often. I feel a fight stick gives better control for combos, but pad players make it work. There's also Hit (Cheat) Box, but Capcom is cracking down on them, so they might not be the move for SF6.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Really preference. Fight sticks give you a little more capability with more fingers but a fight pad can be just as good when done right.

I love the Neo Geo pad. Wish there was a modern take not made by PDP.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Sticks feel great, sad I no longer have mine but pads are good too. If you're serious serious about playing SF and other fighters and got the budget for the hobby go with stick. If you want to get serious but don't want to go full deep end get a pad. Hori commander is like 60 dollars for PS5 and X.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sticks feel great, sad I no longer have mine but pads are good too. If you're serious serious about playing SF and other fighters and got the budget for the hobby go with stick. If you want to get serious but don't want to go full deep end get a pad. Hori commander is like 60 dollars for PS5 and X.
:dame::dame::dame::dame::dame:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
My ceiling always felt higher with a fight stick.

I wanna try a hitbox one of these days.