Fellas: Ever been on a first date and the chick wants to meet you there instead of u picking her up

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do you get offended by that, or do you feel hey, thats less gas I have to spend or something like. Most of my first dates Ive picked them up at their crib, but there have been a handful (3-4) where they met me at the restaurant, but it sorta sucks because if you hit up more than one place it makes it sorta inconvience. Ive only had 1 second date were will still took seperate cars

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been in a relationship for 6 months now, but when I used to date my first dates were going to a coffee shop or lounge etc....basically real simple and relaxing places. So the majority of the time we took separate cars.

Personally, I don't like picking the girl up on the first date though, it gives both of us the freedom to skate out if we not feeling each other and doesn't make the passenger feel obligated to be different in fear of not getting a ride back to the crib :laugh:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
She's probably leery of you and wants to feel you out first. If the date goes wrong, she can get the fukk outta there.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I would actually insist on picking her up/dropping her off. I'm socially skilled enough where if the date gets a little dry I won't let it get awkward to where she would rather not ride home with me. Plus, if I suggest going someplace else after dinner (drinks/dessert) we don't have to worry about logistics. Picking a girl up is one of the subtle things that let her know how you handle business :ld:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been in a relationship for 6 months now, but when I used to date my first dates were going to a coffee shop or lounge etc....basically real simple and relaxing places. So the majority of the time we took separate cars.

Personally, I don't like picking the girl up on the first date though, it gives both of us the freedom to skate out if we not feeling each other and doesn't make the passenger feel obligated to be different in fear of not getting a ride back to the crib :laugh:

my feelings exactly

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She's probably leery of you and wants to feel you out first. If the date goes wrong, she can get the fukk outta there.

the funny thing is out of my last 4 relationships....3 of the 4, took their own rides to the first date, I ended up having 12-18 month serious relationships with them

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I would actually insist on picking her up/dropping her off. I'm socially skilled enough where if the date gets a little dry I won't let it get awkward to where she would rather not ride home with me. Plus, if I suggest going someplace else after dinner (drinks/dessert) we don't have to worry about logistics. Picking a girl up is one of the subtle things that let her know how you handle business :ld:

I feel you on this..

HOWEVER

If it truly makes the woman comfortable for on the first date to meet up, then I wouldn't have a problem because I think it's natural that she'd want to feel you out first. If its the second or third date I'd be a little more insistent in the manner which which you spoke

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh, I don't believe in the dinner, drinks and movie first date thing. It's all about comfort for the girl and I, try out a coffee shop first date once and you'll see how much more the girl opens up just cause she's not worried about eating to your standard and dressing the part, and you not worried about picking the restaurant that will blow her mind etc.

If I take a girl on that dinner/movie first date then yeah I'll drive, but it's just not what I do.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I feel you on this..

HOWEVER

If it truly makes the woman comfortable for on the first date to meet up, then I wouldn't have a problem because I think it's natural that she'd want to feel you out first. If its the second or third date I'd be a little more insistent in the manner which which you spoke

Fortune favors the bold, friend. You'd be surprised how much women have let me get away with just cuz I had the balls to say something. I once got a girl who I barely knew to come to by apartment by saying (face to face of course :usure:) "Don't worry, boo, I won't rape and kill you till the third date." It's gotta be face to face though, humor doesn't always translate well over the phone :whoa:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
the funny thing is out of my last 4 relationships....3 of the 4, took their own rides to the first date, I ended up having 12-18 month serious relationships with them

How did you approach them, was it on some buddy let's hangout shyt or I wants ya girl :takedat:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh, I don't believe in the dinner, drinks and movie first date thing. It's all about comfort for the girl and I, try out a coffee shop first date once and you'll see how much more the girl opens up just cause she's not worried about eating to your standard and dressing the part, and you not worried about picking the restaurant that will blow her mind etc.

If I take a girl on that dinner/movie first date then yeah I'll drive, but it's just not what I do.

I stay away from dinner/movies I usually like to do something like dinner and then an activity (ie bowling, mini-golf) something like that and when it comes to restaurant i never pick anything high end, but I dont pick chilis either, i pick joints that are still casual, I mean dinner/lunch is always cool, because yall have to eat, plus it lets you have time to talk while waiting for the food and some afterwards

the few times I didnt do dinner on a first date, was a couple weeks ago when I took that chick to that minor league baseball game, then I went back to her crib to chill, but my ass was starving, but didnt want that stadium food

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal

If its someone I barely know Id rater meet up somewhere so if I aint feeling her I cant just bounce

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
The best activities for the first date are ones where you can make a lot of physical contact. Golfing is actually a good idea because it gives you excuses to touch her waist, hold her, etc. I'm not talking on no creepy/pervert shyt, but just get her comfortable enough with your touch where she doesn't mind.

:shaq: Then Escalate

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did you approach them, was it on some buddy let's hangout shyt or I wants ya girl :takedat:

I met 2 of them online, so when we exchanged numbers and I was setting something up, I gave them the option, I always do. The other 2 chicks I met out and about and once again I gave them the option, its no biggie to me, shyt if I was a chick I wouldnt let some guy on a first date pick me up, I wouldnt want all of them knowing where I live