Feds found half a million cash in envelopes/clothes when they raided his home, listen to the Senator's excuse

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
30 second clip

Politics

Democratic Sen. Menendez rejects calls to resign and says cash found in home was not bribe proceeds​

picture2_4.jpg
September 25, 2023

UNION CITY, N.J. (AP) — Democratic U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey defiantly pushed back against federal corruption charges on Monday, saying nearly half a million dollars in cash authorities found in his home was from his personal savings, not from bribes, and was on hand for emergencies.
Rejecting rising calls for him to resign, the influential chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee said he believed he’d be cleared of charges that he took cash and gold in illegal exchange for helping Egypt and New Jersey business associates.
“I recognize this will be the biggest fight yet, but as I have stated throughout this whole process, I firmly believe that when all the facts are presented, not only will I be exonerated, but I still will be New Jersey’s senior senator,” Menendez said at Hudson County Community College’s campus in Union City, where he grew up.

He did not respond to questions and did not say whether he would seek reelection next year.

Addressing allegations in the indictment unsealed Friday that authorities found cash stuffed in envelopes and clothing at his home, Menendez said that stemmed from his parents’ fear of confiscation of funds from their time in Cuba.

“This may seem old fashioned, but these were monies drawn from my personal savings account based on the income that I have lawfully derived over those 30 years,” he said

Authorities recovered about 10 envelopes with tens of thousands of dollars in cash that had the fingerprints of one of the other defendants in the case on them, according to the indictment.

============================

Indictment was unsealed this morning charging U.S. Senator ROBERT MENENDEZ, his wife NADINE MENENDEZ, a/k/a “Nadine Arslanian,” and three New Jersey businessmen, WAEL HANA, a/k/a “Will Hana,” JOSE URIBE, and FRED DAIBES, with participating in a years-long bribery scheme.

In June 2022, the FBI executed a search warrant at the New Jersey home of MENENDEZ and NADINE MENENDEZ. During that search, the FBI found many of the fruits of this bribery scheme, including cash, gold, the luxury convertible, and home furnishings. Over $480,000 in cash — much of it stuffed into envelopes and hidden in clothing, closets, and a safe — was discovered in the home, as well as over $70,000 in cash in NADINE MENENDEZ’s safe deposit box, which was also searched pursuant to a separate search warrant. Some of the envelopes contained the fingerprints and/or DNA of DAIBES or his driver. Other of the envelopes were found inside jackets bearing MENENDEZ’s name and hanging in his closet, as depicted below.

picture1_5.jpg

picture2_4.jpg

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This should be a wayyy bigger story than how it's being reported so far as it's peeling back the layers of corruption at one of the highest levels of the government. Dude was a dumbass though and got too sloppy with his moves.

The excuse that he's using for not stepping down though is rather :mjlol:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This should be a wayyy bigger story than how it's being reported so far as it's literally corruption at the highest level of the government.
Bruh lobbying is legal. People already accept bribery as part of this political system. It's all fukked. But I'm sure plenty more are double dipping like this corrupt POS

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean if he can prove it then :yeshrug:

We do live in a country where if they pull you over and you got a large sum of cash on you, the cops will take it and you will never see it again. So cash is looked at as illegal

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Bruh lobbying is legal. People already accept bribery as part of this political system. It's all fukked. But I'm sure plenty more are double dipping like this corrupt POS
Just because something is legal doesn't mean that it's ethical nor should be.

He's obviously not the only one doing it, but it all deserves to be called out when both parties engage in it.

Not to mention, public perception matters or did you forget about that as it's a wrap on dudes seat even if it avoids charges.

Last edited:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I expect nothing less from a politician from New Jersey. They are in my top 10 most corrupt political systems list.

In no particular order:
Illinois
New Jersey
Alabama (3 governors went to prison over corruption)
Louisiana (politicians conspired to kill Governor Huey P Long and NOLA mayor Ray Nagin went to prison)
Michigan
Indiana ( the governor in the 20s was a klan member who killed his side chick)
Pennsylvania
Florida
Georgia

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
He will have his day in court and a jury of his peers will decide his innocence

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
I expect nothing less from a politician from New Jersey. They are in my top 10 most corrupt political systems list.

In no particular order:
Illinois
New Jersey
Alabama (3 governors went to prison over corruption)
Louisiana (politicians conspired to kill Governor Huey P Long and NOLA mayor Ray Nagin went to prison)
Michigan
Indiana ( the governor in the 20s was a klan member who killed his side chick)
Pennsylvania
Florida
Georgia
Don't even trust the air coming outta Jersey

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just because something is legal doesn't mean that it's ethical nor should be.

He's obviously not the only one doing it, but it all deserves to be called out when both parties engage in it.

Public perception matters or did you forget about that as it's a wrap on dudes seat even if it avoids charges.
You're preaching to the choir man