FDA approves blood test for Colon Cancer

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

On Friday, the FDA approved the Guardant Health, Inc. Shield, a test intended to screen for colorectal cancer (CRC) using blood collected in the Guardant Shield Blood Collection Kit. The test is used for CRC screening in individuals at average risk for the disease who are 45 years of age or older. Patients with positive test results should have a colonoscopy since the test is not a replacement for diagnostic colonoscopy or for surveillance colonoscopy in high-risk individuals. Shield has limited detection (55%-65%) of Stage I colorectal cancer and does not detect 87% of precancerous lesions. According to the American Cancer SocietyExternal Link Disclaimer, CRC is the second leading cause of cancer-related death among cancers that affect both men and women. This is the latest example of the FDA’s ongoing commitment to expanding colorectal cancer screening options for patients.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
:hmm:
They need to start at 30 and up. Chadwick died at 43 and was already in stage 3 at 39.

The earliest you catch it, the quicker you can do something about it.
I assume it's probably not reliable enough for some reason at younger ages. I guess we will probably learn more soon.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
My Wife’s mother had colon cancer at 53. She’s still alive. Per the medical community, you should get a colonoscopy 10 years prior to the date of your parent’s diagnosis. So my Wife should have received hers at 43.

She was fretting about it due to Tictoc and black people’s statistics, so she decided to get one at 36 (last month). The doctor she found stated it’s too early but if you want it, we will do it and make sure your insurance covers the procedure.

She got it done and they found 4 polyps. We are awaiting the test now to see if they were cancerous.

The American medical industry is trash. Colin cancer, especially in the black community, is starting in our 30’s. Insurance should cover colonoscopy procedures in our 30’s. These processed foods and the environment is killing us early.

To all my Coli Brehs and Brehettes, see you doctor every year. You know your body, so you need to advocate for yourself. Some of these doctors won’t support what you feel. And if you have any family history of colon issues, get it checked out asap.

As soon as my Wife went through her procedure, she told her siblings to get it done asap. It’s better to be sure than late.
black-panther-stare.gif