FCC approves T-Mobile/Sprint merger after promise of fast 5G development.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Sprint and T-Mobile deal in line for FCC approval, with 5G the clincher

The head of the U.S. government's wireless regulator is giving the green light to T-Mobile's $26 billion acquisition of Sprint, a deal that will combine the country's third- and fourth-biggest wireless carriers — with some caveats.

The deal, which had been opposed by some consumer advocates who said it would mean reduced competition and higher prices, is contingent on the two companies agreeing to stipulations on the development of next-generation 5G technology and the expansion of broadband internet access to rural areas, according to a statement released Monday by the Federal Communications Commission.

“Two of the FCC’s top priorities are closing the digital divide in rural America and advancing United States leadership in 5G, the next generation of wireless connectivity," FCC Chairman Ajit Pai said in a press release. "The commitments made today by T-Mobile and Sprint would substantially advance each of these critical objectives."

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
no one finds it funny these two companies are trying to implement 5g after huawei had it first but they banned from doing business here and are gonna be shut off from google???
:mjpls: Whatever happened to the free market???:troll:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
You know it ain't gonna do shyt.

Government is basically giving them the ball by banning Huawei and it'll still be shyt.
Maybe now they'll have service worth using

Where are yall located that Tmobile isn't the wave?

My shyt is flawless except for in buildings with heavy reinforced walls. And Sprints towers will help Tmobile to solve that. LTE is hella fast and cheaper than the competitors. $100 for 2 lines Unlimited (true unlimited, no trottling at all, 20gig hotspot, free wifi on Delta)

drifter

Superstar
Daps
FCC wants them to merge but Department of Justice shut it down, seems like there was less of a fight when AT&T and Tmo were about to merge. Everybody waited till the 5 yard line to start calling a monopoly.

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Huawei been selling their phones here in the U.S. for years...:what: they was just relying on the android / google play for the core...
Of course I know that.

I was questioning as to if Huawei had plans to start phone service here like how they assist in Europe and the Middle East with the network infrastructure there.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Of course I know that.

I was questioning as to if Huawei had plans to start phone service here like how they assist in Europe and the Middle East with the network infrastructure there.

Maybe... Huawei built their own OS so anything is possible...:ld:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Where are yall located that Tmobile isn't the wave?

My shyt is flawless except for in buildings with heavy reinforced walls. And Sprints towers will help Tmobile to solve that. LTE is hella fast and cheaper than the competitors. $100 for 2 lines Unlimited (true unlimited, no trottling at all, 20gig hotspot, free wifi on Delta)

SoCal. My work phone is tmobile and the service is trash. I just forward it to my personal phone to not have to deal with it.