Favorite book genre?

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Horror in a book never does it for me

Now a good thriller with its twist and unforeseen situations makes for a hard to put down book
What kind of horror are you looking for? Just like movies theres sub genres like gore and suspense. Jack Ketchum's Off Season is more gore then you have Afraid/Trapped by J.A. Konrath which is just an interesting mystery story, finally you have authors like Scott Sigler who's books play out like movies and they are pretty well written.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Do you get a little scared or is it more suspenseful?

Well it depends on the writer's style and subject matter. I mean there are horror authors who flirt with suspense/thrillers to keep their stories somewhat grounded (Dean Koontz is famous for this) and then there are some horror books where you just have to suspend disbelief but the story is so gripping that you just enjoy the read.

Dan Simmons' Summer Of Night is arguably the best horror novel I've read thus far. Very engaging, very creepy.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
What kind of horror are you looking for? Just like movies theres sub genres like gore and suspense. Jack Ketchum's Off Season is more gore then you have Afraid/Trapped by J.A. Konrath which is just an interesting mystery story, finally you have authors like Scott Sigler who's books play out like movies and they are pretty well written.

Just can't imagine a horror book being gripping

Well it depends on the writer's style and subject matter. I mean there are horror authors who flirt with suspense/thrillers to keep their stories somewhat grounded (Dean Koontz is famous for this) and then there are some horror books where you just have to suspend disbelief but the story is so gripping that you just enjoy the read.

Dan Simmons' Summer Of Night is arguably the best horror novel I've read thus far. Very engaging, very creepy.

Ima add that to my reading list

Btw I wouldn't consider Dean Koontz's book to be horror

:salute: To both of you

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Just can't imagine a horror book being gripping

Ima add that to my reading list

Btw I wouldn't consider Dean Koontz's book to be horror

:salute: To both of you
Good luck to ya, fam.:jawalrus: Hope that you enjoy my suggestion.

And yeah Koontz is definitely horror seeing how subjective that term is. There are a few titles from him where he definitely "colors outside the lines".

I've read Robert Morrell who's more of a thriller type of writer but he's listed as a horror author depending on what bookstore you go to. "Horror" is such a broad term, breh :francis: