Fast & Furious 1 Is The Top Gun Of The 2000's

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
just watched it for the first time in like a decade....movie is a str8 classic

Fast & Furious 1 is to 2000's culture what Top Gun was to 80's culture. it got a whole new generation of kids into car culture and drag racing the same way applicants to the navy increased 500% after Top Gun. Both movies are hella quotable: "granny shifting not double clutching like you should" (shows what the writers knew about cars :laugh:) and Ja Rule screaming *"MONICAAAA"* was classic :pachaha:. both movies feature a healthy bromance (no homoerortic shyt in FF like Top Gun tho :whoa: )

it's funny cuz I used to think the original FF movies were more grounded and after Tokyo Drift the shyt jumped the shark and became superhero movies, but the movies were always a cartoon, even the original. I love the way racing is depicted, with cars going at warp speed n shyt once NOS was used

movie was more classic than I remembered honestly. it came out still in the carefree time of summer 2001, right before 9/11 and things getting darker

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
justice for Johnny Tran :wow:

Im serious. Johnny Tran is supposed to be a villain but he really doesnt do anything that defines "villain" other than that he wasnt fukking with Doms crew and rightfully so. He is correct when he said "I NEVER NARC'D ON NOBODY" He never snitched, and by street rules which doms crew supposedly lives by, he actually never broke any. Johnny was a stand up nikka. At race wars, the stupid CAC retard lost the fukking race and Johnny came to collect like any real nikka should, strapped up.

DOMs crew rolled with a snitch
DOMs crew tried to skip out on that Jetta that Johnny rightfully won with that swagged out S2000

Johnny fukking lost face after Paul Walker being a undercover rat basically got him caught up. You tell me how Doms crew rolling with a fukking rat deserved any street credibility at all. them nikkas as a crew were soft, Johnny's asian boys click were tool'ed up and serious as fukk about they business. i never understood even when watching it, what exactly johnny was doing wrong.

also Dom hints that him and Johnny fell out because he fukked homies sister or whatever. He is lucky Johnny didint clap him off GP.

This isnt even a hot take or anything, i legit dont understand how johnny was wrong in any way shape or form

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Fast and The Furious was a Point Break remake with street racing replacing surfing. Since they let the criminal live in the end instead of implying his death they were able to build a franchise off of it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
considering they did absolutely NOTHING to explain what happened to Mr. Nobody in the last movie (they literally didn't even acknowledge it after the fact :mjlol:), maybe he pivots to that role

They really just abandoned their goal of tracking him down after the first action sequence, and said NOTHING about that man for the rest of the movie. I remember asking "Did Vin Diesel bush Kurt Russell mid-movie," and not ever being able to answer the question. :mjlol:

The Fast and The Furious was a Point Break remake with street racing replacing surfing. Since they let the criminal live in the end instead of implying his death they were able to build a franchise off of it.

Yeah, this is the more accurate take, even down to the criminal the main character was sent after waxing philosophically for no real reason.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'd bet money that the plan is after F 11 to take like a 5-10 year break then start a new series with a younger cast and have old Vin shepherd them in for at least 2 movies

THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE
IF THE FRANCHISE WASNT DOING
BIG NUMBERS ANYMORE.

THERES NO POINT IN TAKING A BREAK.

EITHER END IT
OR KEEP IT GOING UNTIL
THE NUMBERS DIP.

:devil:
:evil:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This was my era, and my friends and I were right in the middle of this, I vividly remember multiple friends taking values from this movies and employing them in their development of teenage personality and image.

Two of my best friends had those kinds of cars, customized Civics, and Acura's, and began to update them with all those kinds of after market conversions, NOS, whatever. That was closer to 2002.

Another friend, lacking the drug money to do those things, just adapted a Vin Diesel persona, a a tough guy, though, he was, and is not. Wearing tank tops and tight undershirts, talking like a blue collar mechanic who had done prison time.

all hilarious in retrospect, and often in real time.

have a pretty fun memory of seeing the sequel, driving those cars to the theater, smoking blunts parked outside, and doing lines inside the theater, where I was rabidly excited for about 22 minutes until the coke wore off, and I was could sense the unwatchable nature of Tyrese and Paul Walker.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
One of my friends was like 16 when the shyt came out and he saved up money to put a bunch of custom bullshyt on an Eclipse. :russ:

Yeah the movie was a classic. It could have easily just been another action movie but something about the dialogue and the characters and shyt stuck with everyone :wow: