Fable Creator - GTAV Sales "Not Impressive"

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Talk about a salty mufukka... :laff:

http://analogaddiction.org/2013/09/20/fable-creator-gtav-sales-not-impressive/

Speaking at a mobile innovation conference with Mobile Entertainment last night, the developer said “It [GTAV] will achieve around $1 billion in revenue on consoles in just one month,” after noting the game’s popularity.

“Sounds impressive doesn’t it?” Molynuex asked rhetorically before adding “No. That’s not impressive.”

Molynuex continued by comparing the sales of GTAV, a big budget AAA title to the Mobile platform and mobile games who he says are “achieving between $3 million and $5 million a day.”

“That is impressive,” Molynuex concluded.

Whilst Molynuex has a point about the profitability of mobile games, the comparison to their and GTAV’s gargantuan sales this week is a bit of an odd one as the two operate on two different platforms in two different markets.

We comparing a AAA game like GTA5 to mobile gamin now? :beli:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
:laff: Molyneux has always been guaranteed comedy. I never listened to his hype before I played Fable so I enjoyed it, but listening to him talk up Fable 2 and then play the end result was :beli: I can't even get mad at him, though. :dead: Type of guy to promise his kid a SLR Mercedes for graduation and show up with a 3 Series BMW instead.

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
Talk about a salty mufukka... :laff:

http://analogaddiction.org/2013/09/20/fable-creator-gtav-sales-not-impressive/

Speaking at a mobile innovation conference with Mobile Entertainment last night, the developer said “It [GTAV] will achieve around $1 billion in revenue on consoles in just one month,” after noting the game’s popularity.

“Sounds impressive doesn’t it?” Molynuex asked rhetorically before adding “No. That’s not impressive.”

Molynuex continued by comparing the sales of GTAV, a big budget AAA title to the Mobile platform and mobile games who he says are “achieving between $3 million and $5 million a day.”

“That is impressive,” Molynuex concluded.

Whilst Molynuex has a point about the profitability of mobile games, the comparison to their and GTAV’s gargantuan sales this week is a bit of an odd one as the two operate on two different platforms in two different markets.

We comparing a AAA game like GTA5 to mobile gamin now? :beli:

this dumb mother fukker man 30 days at 5 mil a day is only 150mil. R* is about to pull 1000 million

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Molynuex the goat salty video game C@C...

Duded hyped up ever fable game like :blessed::salute:

And then when them shyts fell on their faces he would hit us with the "well i wanted to put so and so in the game but the suits wouldn't let me..."

LOL I remember his interview about fable one scar damage issue and he was like "players became so upset with their scars that they would just refuse to play the game...that is how revolutionary it was :lupe::lupe:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
when its all said and done and they release their versions for pc, ps4, xbox one -- gta will sell make 2 billion. this includes all the crazy ass DLC that'll be coming down the pipes over the next yr

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
man :pacspit: at molyneaux i remember being a young idiot reading about project on gamefaqs, ign, in magazines how it was suppose to Immerse me and i could do whatever I wanted, and i was so naive :noah:

then it came out and i was like
img[

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif