F*ck apple for making me have to use app specific passwords now

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
not only is this a major pain in the ass, but I also have to enable two factor authentication. I mean this is fukking ridiculous IMO.

I can't even check my email without having to make major changes to all my passwords.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
What happened to you account? I don't have that problem at all. What are you even talking about. Provide an example please.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
What happened to you account? I don't have that problem at all. What are you even talking about. Provide an example please.

well for instance, I was trying to use outlook which uses my comcast email for the mail component, but uses icloud to get my contact info. anyways, I try and use it, and it says I can no longer use outlook unless I give it an app specific password.

not only did I have to do this, but I had to turn on two factor authentication as well which is another headache in itself. once that's set up, I have to go into my icloud account on the apple site and assign a random password for outlook which I then have to imessage to both my iphone and ipad and then paste that long ass password into the app in order for it to work.

Third-Party Apps Will Need App-Specific Passwords for iCloud Access From June 15

Third-Party Apps Will Need App-Specific Passwords for iCloud Access From June 15
Tuesday May 16, 2017 3:55 am PDT by Tim Hardwick
iCloud_Alt.jpg
App-specific passwords are set to become a mandatory requirement for third-party apps that access iCloud user data, according to an Apple Support email sent out today.

Currently, app-specific passwords are used to allow non-native apps like email clients to sign in to iCloud accounts that are protected by two-factor authentication. The security measure ensures that users can still link up their iCloud account to apps and services not provided by Apple, while also avoiding the need to disclose their Apple ID password to third parties.

However, app-specific passwords will become a basic requirement from June 15, according to Apple. The policy change basically means that users who want to continue using third-party apps with their iCloud account will have to enable two-factor authentication and generate individual passwords for each app.
Beginning on 15 June, app-specific passwords will be required to access your iCloud data using third-party apps such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or other mail, contacts and calendar services not provided by Apple.

If you are already signed in to a third-party app using your primary Apple ID password, you will be signed out automatically when this change takes effect. You will need to generate an app-specific password and sign in again.Two-factor authentication ensures that you're the only person who can access your Apple account, even if someone knows your password. To turn it on from any iOS device running iOS 10.3 or later, open the Settings app, tap your name at the top, and then tap Password & Security.

If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, you can enable it from Settings -> iCloud -> Apple ID -> Password & Security. If you're on a Mac, go to System Preferences -> iCloud -> Account Details, click Security, and enable two-factor authentication from there.

To generate an app-specific password, sign into your Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com), go to App-Specific Passwords under Security, and click Generate Password.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
This isn't specific to Apple. Depends on the app. I know Yahoo has me do it on Android and Win10.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
These fukk ass bytches got two factor authentification for developers now too :martin: It's cool if you actually USE an iphone but I got a janky ass one for testing purposes only. Goog Set Droid Gang bytch :pacspit: