Extremely Important Announcement!!

cook

Banned
Daps
Later this week the forum will be undergoing a massive change. We will be switching to an entirely new forum software. As you probably noticed things have been running slow recently with long periods of downtime. We believe that switching to "Xenforo," a modern forum software will fix these issues as well as provide improvements to everyone's experience.

Right now we use vBulletin for our forum software and while it has been reliable for a long time it is out of date, inefficient and slow. The version that we use was originally released almost 10 years ago and since then vBulletin has released two new versions which have both been failures. Development on our version has basically stopped so there's really nothing else left for us to improve or add to The Coli.

The lead programmer who designed this version of vBulletin left the company and started his own software known as Xenforo. Xenforo is basically a modern, fast, on steroid version of what we use now. It is continuously being updated and should give us a solid foundation to continue to improve The Coli for the foreseeable future.

We're planning to do the move Thursday night but that hasn't been set in stone yet. We'll keep everyone updated but be aware that we might be down for up to 24 hours.

We've been running a test forum to make sure the software would work well for us and so far the Coli members who have used it have absolutely loved it. It's much easier to use than vBulletin and doesn't take long to learn. There's too many dope things to mention and I'll explain all the features once we make the switch but everyone is going to love the instant notifications as well as fully responsive design for easy mobile browsing.

If you have questions, ask away. I'll try to clear everything up.

One negative thing I have to mention is that there is no addon right now for personal smileys. I'd suggest that everyone backs up their smileys into a imgur.com account. Its easy as hell to insert images into a post, all you have to do is copy/paste and it inserts the image/smiley/gif automatically. We're going to try to find a programmer to code the personal smiley addon and get that and anything else we might be missing as soon as possible.

Everything will be transferred over. Posts, Threads, Daps, Usernames, Coli Cash

Update: All of our regular smileys (:gladbron: :childplease:..etc) will work. I was strictly referring to the smileys that members uploaded themselves.

Update: The move will start on Saturday morning 7/13.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
lemme post on the new beta test forum

Daps
we goin come back to a :flabbynsick: forum page ala

cigardude_geocities.png

forced to use smileys like :-(

:bryan: