Exercise as intervention for depression

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The issue with depression is fighting past the mechanism that keeps you from being motivated to do anything. I was depressed earlier this year, the days I would go exercise I felt better, but I could rarely find the motivation to go exercise, even if I told myself to, my body operated on its own and I stayed home

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
The issue with depression is fighting past the mechanism that keeps you from being motivated to do anything. I was depressed earlier this year, the days I would go exercise I felt better, but I could rarely find the motivation to go exercise, even if I told myself to, my body operated on its own and I stayed home

Bingo.

The point of exercise as an intervention is to set you up with positive reinforcement that you can do something and improve your condition and tolerance towards that activity.

However, it is still an intervention or a stop gap to depression. Get yourself evaluated with a therapist and see what they can do to help you with your journey of depression.

Realistically there is a switch between .5 seconds ago and now. Once it is flicked, which can happen at any point, the body and mind reset into a dreadful state. Repression brought to the forefront if that makes sense.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I'm bipolar and I completely subscribe to this. Exercise has been my method of keeping myself leveled. And while I agree that it can be hard to get your body to cooperate when you in a depressed state, I've gotten to the point where I just go to the gym without thinking too much about it.