Example #10232 Why DD Only Is Anti Consumer

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I get it...but you can't fight progress forever.
Benefits of digital far outweigh the benefits of physical.
I'm holding on to the bitter end as an avid collector of things...but I'm not oblivious to the writing on the wall. I accept it, and am OK with the reality of fighting against it is wasted effort.

The video does paint the issues of digital content as a specific issue for the gaming industry but the same applies to movies and music as well.
Right now, if you go listen to "No Way Out" on streaming services, you'll find samples removed, and Busta' Rhymes' entire chorus for Victory is removed.

The reality is ALL CONTENT has a shelf life and unless there is some kind of organization entrusted with the historical archival of all things we'll just have to accept that things that once existed will eventually cease to exist.

It's frustrating, but it is what it is.
In the meantime, I'm buying video games in physical format till the bitter end and am comfortable in the digital age.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The video does paint the issues of digital content as a specific issue for the gaming industry but the same applies to movies and music as well.

Yup. Sucks..it can also bleed into the physical release.

I had toy story 2 on BR (older)...then they dropped the 4k, so thought I'd just upgrade but both the digital code and the 4k disc removed that blooper joke of stinky Pete doing a casting couch (4k dropped around the height of metoo)

I get it, joke was in bad taste but at the same time I do like having my content like how I originally viewed it unaltered