Everything Everywhere All At Once director claims Malcolm X is "probably my favorite crime movie"

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
To be fair the movie is 30 years old and that guy looks 40ish. He wasn't really age appropriate when it was released. So not mad he just saw it last year. But calling it a crime movie is ignorant, it's a biopic moron. Great one to. I wonder does he think Malcolm X was a fictional character? lol

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
To be fair the movie is 30 years old and that guy looks 40ish. He wasn't really age appropriate when it was released. So not mad he just saw it last year. But calling it a crime movie is ignorant, it's a biopic moron. Great one to. I wonder does he think Malcolm X was a fictional character? lol

Na, don’t cape. Suspect post, sir. :patrice:

I was young when I saw it and never thought it was a “crime” film. And this cac is the same age as me.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Na, don’t cape. Suspect post, sir. :patrice:

I was young when I saw it and never thought it was a “crime” film. And this cac is the same age as me.
You need to improve your reading comprehension. I said calling a crime movie was ignorant.
I gave him a pass for only seeing the movie a year ago since it came out when he was around 8 years old.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You need to improve your reading comprehension. I said calling a crime movie was ignorant.
I gave him a pass for only seeing the movie a year ago since it came out when he was around 8 years old.
Na, you ain’t gonna try to pull that shyt. you also said, not with these exact words, it’s ok for him to be “ignorant” because of his age and when the film was released, which makes no sense because it doesn’t matter when a movie was released to know what genre it falls under.

I told you I saw this movie when I was young and never saw it as a crime film. He’s a grown adult and it’s ok for him to say that? There’s no reason to try to give him a pass so why defend him:?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Na, you ain’t gonna try to pull that shyt. you also said, not with these exact words, it’s ok for him to be “ignorant” because of his age and when the film was released, which makes no sense because it doesn’t matter when a movie was released to know what genre it falls under.

I told you I saw this movie when I was young and never saw it as a crime film. He’s a grown adult and it’s ok for him to say that? There’s no reason to try to give him a pass so why defend him:?
Sorry you can't comprehend what you read. Because of that this is my last reply to you in this thread. Enjoy your day.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Seen it when I was like 17 and never thought It was a crime movie definitely an autobiography type movie..

Of course a cac would just see the life of “Red” and how he smutted white citches and think that’s the gist of the movie..

Of course a cac tunes out once he turns NOI movie not as exciting then huh fukking cac

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They actually had it listed as a crime film on IMDB a long time ago, which kind of miffed me. I just went back to see if it was still listed as that, but it's now listed as drama/biography/history now.
:patrice:

How he got to his point is trash. However, now that I think about it the first half of Malcolm X definitely focused on the crime/Detroit Red aspects. And the last act definitely was about the Nation of Islam setting up Malcolm to be killed.

I never thought crime drama about the movie before, but I can sort of see it if you go in blind or look at it from a script analysis level. There was a certain section of black folks who disliked (or didnt love) Malcolm X because they didnt focus enough on Malcolm the minister.

However, a better case for Crime Drama would be Judas and the Black Messiah. I know that had people mad they focused so much on the informant.
Maybe they feared responses like dude being the main takeaway :jbhmm: