Everybody Wants Some Of That Ric Flair Stimulus Pack: Matt Hardy Makes His Case For One Last Match Between The Hardys and Edge & Christian

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During a recent interview with MuscleMan Malcolm at Starrcast V, AEW star Matt Hardy discussed wanting one last match between The Hardys vs. Edge and Christian. Below are some highlights (via Fightful):

Matt Hardy on if the stars could align for a last match between The Hardys and Edge & Christian: “You hear this all the time, but people say if the stars and planets align, you know, my brother comes back, everything’s good, I hear people say all the time, oh my god, we’d love to see Edge come and do one last Hardys vs. Edge and Christian. That would be a pretty magical moment.”

On The Hardy’s biggest moment as a tag team: “I mean I feel like our biggest moment out of the first decade is probably gonna be winning the tag team titles because that was our initial goal. If we did that, we did everything we ever wanted to do. But fortunately, we did that exponentially. We did it many, many times in many, many different promotions, which is very cool. So that was a big moment there.”

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I said this in the Dynamite thread last week. One of AEW's biggest mistakes was signing Matt Hardy to a deal. He's been fukking god awful in everything he's done... Broken/Woken gimmick, Big Money Matt and now Hardy Boyz. He legitimately makes whoever he's working with WORSE. It's embarrassing watching him wrestle in the ring, and I legitimately cringe when I see him walk because he cannot bend his knees. He walks around like he's on stilts.

Go home and be a family man :hhh:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I said this in the Dynamite thread last week. One of AEW's biggest mistakes was signing Matt Hardy to a deal. He's been fukking god awful in everything he's done... Broken/Woken gimmick, Big Money Matt and now Hardy Boyz. He legitimately makes whoever he's working with WORSE. It's embarrassing watching him wrestle in the ring, and I legitimately cringe when I see him walk because he cannot bend his knees. He walks around like he's on stilts.

Go home and be a family man :hhh:

It's amazing that he and Brodie Lee debuted the same night, which happened to be the first no-audience COVID show, and Brodie was able to shine to the point of getting a title shot within a couple months of debuting whereas Hardy kinda was just there and and has meandered around the card.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
It's amazing that he and Brodie Lee debuted the same night, which happened to be the first no-audience COVID show, and Brodie was able to shine to the point of getting a title shot within a couple months of debuting whereas Hardy kinda was just there and and has meandered around the card.

I listened to him on the AEW podcast whenever he came on it last year. He was making excuses saying how the Broken/Woken gimmick wasn't connecting/resonating with the AEW audience, so he asked Tony Khan if he could switch it up to the Big Money Matt gimmick. What he doesn't realize is that it's not the fans issue with his gimmicks, it's that he fukking sucks.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I listened to him on the AEW podcast whenever he came on it last year. He was making excuses saying how the Broken/Woken gimmick wasn't connecting/resonating with the AEW audience, so he asked Tony Khan if he could switch it up to the Big Money Matt gimmick. What he doesn't realize is that it's not the fans issue with his gimmicks, it's that he fukking sucks.

Well, the Woken gimmick was hated by everyone in WWE creative so it never got it's fair shake, but a lot of the Broken stuff took place with pretapes and in TNA (which is pretty much the same as not being in front of a crowd). I think the debut should have been pushed back so they could have properly come up with a pre-tape that actually worked.