Every time I hear the 112 - "Only You" remix, I feel overwhelmed by sadness

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It feels like someone punched me in the stomach

It feels like I can't breathe

Life itself feels completely hopeless ...

For some reason, memories of youthful infatuation can trigger emotions far stronger than memories of much more substantial relationships ...

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
you sound like a teenage girl
slap.gif

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
@mitter going thru it rn :mjcry:

Music can heal. Get "Live at the Harlem Square Club" and "Otis Blue" in rotation if you haven't already

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Hahhaha that song is maybe my favorite of all time, but yeah, it is lodged somewhere in the deepest nostalgia of about 6th grade, when I was 11 or 12 and this song played everywhere from the boom box style radios, the car, and my headphones.

but it never makes me sad, just reflective. And now it plays at all these chic spots, because of playlists algorithim. 90's nostalgia/ 90's obsession of 22 year olds. There's been twice in last few months I was out with someone and told them this is my favorite song of all time. it makes me feel on some level, like all is right with the world, if I can still love the Only You remix

I don't connect this with a girl or anything but a period of time that's so long ago it feels like a not real. And also, how much you changed, how much the world has changed. but it's a masterpiece of a song. Flawless.

playboyric

Harlem Hustler
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't connect this with a girl or anything but a period of time that's so long ago it feels like a not real. And also, how much you changed, how much the world has changed. but it's a masterpiece of a song. Flawless.
I can't believe it was almost 30 years ago, time truly doesn't wait :wow:

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funny thing is Mase did a much better job than Biggie. Biggie's lyrics don't really go with the theme of the song (still love the way it turned out), but Mase's fit perfectly.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
if you really catch me in a private moment with a girl, I start sounding like Southern Cali Mase on the low lol, even drawing my words out like that real shyt

between Mase and the R&B artists, Jagged Edge, 112, Dru Hill, Joe, Ginwuine thats my whole approach

Daps
The best thing about the song is that Puff's adlib track is mixed louder than Mase's verse. :mjlol:

Mase: "Mase ain't the one that'll pay for your phone--"

Puff: "MASE AIN'T THE ONE!" :takedat: