Ever went to a city or location where you felt bad energy or dreadful feeling?

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Another one is the Tenderloin in SF. Everytime I walk over there, I see needles, drugged out homeless people, human waste, etc. it’s so sad, and it’s been this way ever since my grandfather lived over there when I was a little kid.

Civic Center station in SF also, just off the strength of me interning at a place directly across from the station, and me seeing nothing but drugged out homeless people everywhere. Once I seen 2 dudes shooting up and 3 dudes smoking crack and blowing it into passerby’s face on their way to work :huhldup:

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
explain? What were the people like though? Or was it something in the air? I know voodoo culture is heavy down there

The people are cool as hell. Like another poster said, it's all races too. Everybody was friendly and very conversational. Hung out with a bunch of locals, even made some long term connections. It was just a lingering sense of dread.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
New Orleans
New Orleans. Now, some of you sensitive nikkas ain't gonna like this but it is what it is :manny:.

I've never experienced a worse, sudden onset depression in my life. From the moment I touched down - after damn near a year of being hyped about the trip, up to and including on the flight there - I felt low as hell. My first time there I spent the first 3.5 days of my trip holed up in my hotel room, only venturing out to get food or go drinking after 11pm. The whole energy was awful.

Being born there, I understand.

The pull of nostalgia is so strong and the fact my family is still down there helps.

But, it definitely would be hard from me to invite a friend down there and take them places.

Last time I went I was moreso in the surrounding areas in the mall and whatever.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
My own hometown ...I left that dead ass place on July 7 1996 and every time I've been back it looks like it could be July 8 1996 ...Lubbock Texas

I’ve been to wack ass Lubbock a few times. It wasn’t scary, though. I used to run through Roswell, Hobbs, Carlsbad, Amarillo and the entire East NM, Texas Panhandle region. Never felt shook, but more like I was in an old Western movie.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I’m moving from jerz to la and driving across country right now...currently in New Mexico and man coming from jersey just being surrounded by desert is creepy af to me. Picturing breaking bad meth heads everywhere

Welcome to the Southwest, breh. What part on NM? It takes some getting used to. When I moved from Detroit to the Southwest, I was in awe. I had never seen mountains in person until I moved out this way. Burque does give off a Breaking Bad type of vibe. A lot of the white people from NM usually have a certain dusty look to them. It’s a really distinct look. Can’t explain it.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Skid Row in LA. I’m visiting right now and I wandered into the wrong part of town, and it literally was the most depressing shyt I’ve ever seen in person. Also, I almost squared up with a cac who tried to fight me because I didn’t “raise my hand for Jesus” :russ:

But yea, that place is straight demonic :wow:
Bruh that place stamps itself in ur mind never to be removed.

I will never forget what I saw there