Ever trade your car in, then drive past the dealership a week later

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
and see the price they put on the window and be like:dwillhuh:?

My favorite was after I traded one in, my buddy calls me 3 days later and says 'did you just trade in your car as so and so dealer?' I'm like yeah why?

He's like 'Cuz im looking at it right now, thinking about buying it, give me the deets.'

So I give him the run down, get off the phone, sales rep tries to tell him their into it high and it was a old lady who barely drove it before they got it!

Needless to say, he sonnned then bought the car at a highly disoc*nted rate.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
My favorite was after I traded one in, my buddy calls me 3 days later and says 'did you just trade in your car as so and so dealer?' I'm like yeah why?

He's like 'Cuz im looking at it right now, thinking about buying it, give me the deets.'

So I give him the run down, get off the phone, sales rep tries to tell him their into it high and it was a old lady who barely drove it before they got it!

Needless to say, he sonnned then bought the car at a highly disoc*nted rate.

:russ:

I worked at a dealership for a cpl months, but i couldnt do it lol

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hell fukkin yeah. They gave me 15,500 off of my car and then are selling it for 18500.

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
Are you guys expecting them to sell it at the same price they bought it from you? That's not how making a profit works...

Come, come now my nikkas.. :beli:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
as someone who deals with used car slime on a daily basis, i can vouch that they are the biggest characters in the world

they ask me the price of the factory spec battery, then proceed to buy the cheapest top or side mount possible and tell me 'its just to get it off the lot' :shaq2:

done with tires too, my buddy who sells recon tires just dumps a load off and cakes. they will put on anything that comes close to fitting

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Hell fukkin yeah. They gave me 15,500 off of my car and then are selling it for 18500.

:dwillhuh: how is this even that bad of a deal for you,
I mean its called arbitrage, the point is for them to make money

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Story: My car gets stolen. I'm driving in a rental and some time passes and the cops haven't found it. I go to a Volvo dealership just to look. They didn't have a car I was interested in but he showed me another car and asked if I wanted to take it for a test drive. It was from the previous year too, I think the year was 2003 and the car's year was a 2002. So, I test drive it. Sucky and wasn't really interested in it. Dude goes to his manager and comes back and writes down $16,000. I'm thinking, the sticker price was in the high $20,000. They dropped it over $13,000 without me haggling. I'm like that's cheaper than the smaller car I was originally interested in looking at. And there's people out there who bought the same model last year for a little less than sticker price; so they basically got prison raped. I walked out. I didn't have that kind of money. Anyway, cops eventually find my car miles away in a crappy part of town and of course, the rims are gone.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
as someone who deals with used car slime on a daily basis, i can vouch that they are the biggest characters in the world

they ask me the price of the factory spec battery, then proceed to buy the cheapest top or side mount possible and tell me 'its just to get it off the lot' :shaq2:

done with tires too, my buddy who sells recon tires just dumps a load off and cakes. they will put on anything that comes close to fitting

This.

The key to buying used is knowledge and cash in your wallet.

This last car I bought, we had a 02 EX-L Honda Minivan to trade in that we owned, almost 170k miles. I new the blue book and the 'black' book value pretty well.

Picked out a particular make, model and year of a car we wanted. Saved up cash to pay the difference of the trade vs. asking price, so no financing needed.

That gives you a big fukking stick to smack these slimeballs with.

I got this dealership to lower their asking price by $1k and overvalue my trade by $1800. I then got them to replace both headlights and fix a tiny ding/ order a new bracket set for the license plate holder and new floor mats...all on a model they don't normal service.

:noah:

Like dude said, they will just throw whatever is the cheapest they cna get away with on a car to get it off the lot, unless their certifying it.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The same with trading in games try don't even wait before you leave, I remember i traded in need for speed 3 for ps1 I think, I got 15 bucks an dude put a 49.99 sticker on it in front of my face as a little kid

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The same with trading in games try don't even wait before you leave, I remember i traded in need for speed 3 for ps1 I think, I got 15 bucks an dude put a 49.99 sticker on it in front of my face as a little kid

*REINCAR LOOKS AT STICKER PRICE :wtf: $49.99? *
*Sales Associate* :smugfavre:

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If you haven't threatened to walk out multiple times during the negotiation process, you were probably absolutely raped on your trade in price. They always use the line that your car is probably going to go straight to auction and that they're just giving you what they're going to get for it. It's a lie, never believe it.