Ever date a black "white" girl?

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs, you ever date a middle/upper class sister that can be considered a black "white" girl? I don't mean speaking eloquently, I mean the type that can be considered the token or the type that pretends that she don't relate to American Black culture?

Speak on it

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i don't understand why people intentionally make race related threads in this part of the forum when there's a specific section designed for that...

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps
No such thing as "acting/talking white" or whatever

If a black woman speaks proper English that does not make her any "whiter," that makes her a sophisticated black woman.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I still havent found one that doesnt speak ape and chimp, one day

*sarcasm*

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
I've dated a mixed chick who had all types of identity and insecurity issues....

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No such thing as "acting/talking white" or whatever

If a black woman speaks proper English that does not make her any "whiter," that makes her a sophisticated black woman.

Think you missed the part in bold

Brehs, you ever date a middle/upper class sister that can be considered a black "white" girl? I don't mean speaking eloquently, I mean the type that can be considered the token or the type that pretends that she don't relate to American Black culture?

Speak on it

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
if you let the females on here tell you, they all seem to claim to be this type. How you have a hip hop forum, and there's not one hoodrat on here is beyond me :aicmon:

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps
Think you missed the part in bold

Sorry, I did miss that part and I made a bad assumption. I thought you were making the cliche point all over again.

I don't feel like there's a specific culture a person has to be part of to be black. I always felt like you're black no matter what you do. Like, white people are always white no matter if they're upper class from the city or lower class from the country. Even with radically different cultures, they're always white. The same thing applies to black people, no matter what culture you do or don't subscribe to.

Nothing you do can make you any whiter or "whiter" in quotation marks. I mean, the culture you're speaking of... the one I think you're speaking of, it's not owned by whites.

But I wanna leave this discussion alone, I feel like it's mostly a semantics issue more than anything else. It's hard to express what you mean with this kind of topic.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
if you let the females on here tell you, they all seem to claim to be this type. How you have a hip hop forum, and there's not one hoodrat on here is beyond me :aicmon:

also I'll build on this statement by saying that even today's hoodrat is very savy when it comes to the internet. so them being on a message forum wouldn't be a stretch.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Sorry, I did miss that part and I made a bad assumption. I thought you were making the cliche point all over again.

I don't feel like there's a specific culture a person has to be part of to be black. I always felt like you're black no matter what you do. Like, white people are always white no matter if they're upper class from the city or lower class from the country. Even with radically different cultures, they're always white. The same thing applies to black people, no matter what culture you do or don't subscribe to.

Nothing you do can make you any whiter or "whiter" in quotation marks. I mean, the culture you're speaking of... the one I think you're speaking of, it's not owned by whites.

But I wanna leave this discussion alone, I feel like it's mostly a semantics issue more than anything else. It's hard to express what you mean with this kind of topic.

You obviously don't understand what the OP mean't