Ever been in a controlling relationship before? How did u get out?

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
I was in a controlling relationship on and off for about 2 years. I finally ended things back in June.

Im not going to stunt, at first I liked the fact that someone cared about where I was going and asked me a billion and one questions, texting me while im out just to show that he "cares" . He was very attractive, the chemistry was there, we kind of understood each other on a deeper level, no kids, college student, worked full time, young and a go-getter like me. Thought he was my soulmate.

It felt good....for like the first month, then the possessiveness and severely controlling ways came about. He questioned every single male in my life. I had to cut off life long male friends just to make him happy. Why did I feel that he was worth it at the time? IDK.

First and foremost, I missed all of the red flags! I.E. the constant texts and phone calls, him locking me down and begging me to kill all of my plans with my friends. We got into a huge argument about this so of course I broke up with him. nikka had a nervous break down.....he completely flipped!

I found out that he was cheating on me AFTER i broke up with him the first time. And he tried to make me feel that i was to blame since his insecurities got the best of him and he was forced to fukk an ex-gf.

I cried a lot around that time but now i just look back at it and laugh. Here I am out with my friends trying to enjoy myself like any other 23 yr old while hes blowing up my fukkin phone and blowin out another bytch's back while doing it :pachaha:

I felt so stupid! I was so miserable all the time because he made me feel like I was the unfaithful one and that I was in the wrong due to his manipulation tactics. I was so emotionally drained...I broke up with him again last October....thought I worked him out of my system but he came crying to me because his grandmother passed away (she was basically his mother). I felt so bad for him because his family didnt want shyt to do with him. He didnt have a shoulder to lean on and like fukkin clock work that mf became more and more possessive. He monitored all of my social media accounts daily. He use to love to come and pick me up from work...I thought he wanted to make sure I was safe when whole time he wanted to make sure I wasnt talking to any of my male co-workers. What should have been the breaking point was when that bytch kicked me out of his car at a fukking train stop in the middle of no where!

and guess what? My dumb ass went right back!

I wasted 2 years in that relationship.....2 fukkin years....I believe thats why my guard is up at all times and I tend to not let a guy in every time i feel a guy is getting too close to me.

Around June was when I finally ended things. I woke up one day and came to the realization that I didnt have to deal with the bullshyt anymore. He blew up my phone that entire night (i was sleep!) thinking that I was out in the streets. I blew up on his ass the next day so bad! I blocked him on every thing....cut him off completely. He still find ways to contact me but I changed my number about a month ago...plus I deactivated all of my social media accounts (business reasons).

I didnt realize how foolish and stupid I was acting until I set back and realized everything. I wish I could go back in time and kept it at "Hello and no thank you, Im taken" like I usually do.

Last edited:

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
Me and a few coli goons can go and beat him up of u want to :birdman:
he never put his hands on me so ima let him be.

he has a lot of insecurities that he needs to deal with. I would love to be friends with him still but i know its a bad idea....I just feel so sorry for him but I cant keep feeling sorry for a sorry ass nikka all the time.

Ness

Banned
Daps
he never put his hands on me so ima let him be.

he has a lot of insecurities that he needs to deal with. I would love to be friends with him still but i know its a bad idea....I just feel so sorry for him but I cant keep feeling sorry for a sorry ass nikka all the time.
I feel u. Not sure if das exactly wut u expressed but feeling unable to help someone you care about deal wit their problems or demons sucks rly bad.

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was, I didn't realize it was such a controlling relationship until I went into therapy.
How did I get out? the cops were called lmao.

Last edited:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
the last 2 guys I've been with. It's crazy because you definitely don't notice it at first, but afterwards everything clicks and seems so obvious.

The first guy, I moved away from. The second I cut all contact from and threatened to get police involved. Both relationships were pretty brief but I could see where it would've led had I stayed.

It's just put me back on the track of self-reflection. Why do I attract these guys? How do I become wise enough to recognize and avoid them?

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
No ......

Those types of signs have always been signs of a loony to me. The moment I see that stuff I'm out. I don't try to fix it. You can't teach a grown adult a lesson.

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
the last 2 guys I've been with. It's crazy because you definitely don't notice it at first, but afterwards everything clicks and seems so obvious.

The first guy, I moved away from. The second I cut all contact from and threatened to get police involved. Both relationships were pretty brief but I could see where it would've led had I stayed.

It's just put me back on the track of self-reflection. Why do I attract these guys? How do I become wise enough to recognize and avoid them?
i find myself asking those same questions.

I rarely meet a guy thats a nice median. Its either I attract a severely possessive character or a nonchalant type that ignores my calls and then pop back up at my door with a thousand excuses smh.

I cant blame these men because at the end of the day i got to be smart and peep shyt instead of falling for everything.