Eternal Darkness appreciation thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This was my favorite game of all time on gamecube. The insanity meter was insanity.

I remember playing then the game would stop and a screen would flash up that my controller needed to be plugged back in, I get up to look, controllers plugged in. Look at the screen and it wipes away, just a hallucination :damn:

Another time I'm saving the game and the screens says my file is corrupt I started pancing then it flashes away.

Brilliant.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This thread might flop because that's not a very well known game.

Having said that, it's classic. One of the greatest games ever made. I'm a sucker for Lovecraft and it was obviously inspired by him, so I got zero complaints.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I had high hopes for silicon knights after this game. I really don't know what wrong with the company. They fell off badly.

And it's a Shame this game never got the recognition it deserved commercially. Game was a masterpiece.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
this game freaks me out cuz i'm not sure if I bought it or borrowed it from a friend...but i kind of remember playin it..but at the same time i'm not sure if i did...hahaha...i remember it havin fatalities in it and they were hard as hell to do.....:manny:

edit: my bad...i was thinkin of eternal champions....:wow:

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Game had me like :damn:

I had to turn that shyt off the first night when the volume started going down by itself. I thought I sat on my remote, then I realized I lost the remote to my TV months before. Those pop up and scare moments in games never got to me, but shyt that messes with your head :to:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What was your favorite chapter? Mine was the one, I think it was the 1700s, when the guy discovered the temple full of monsters beneath the town. Then when he went back to town to warn them they threw him in an asylum because no one believed him. shyt was :wow:

Fred.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
What was your favorite chapter? Mine was the one, I think it was the 1700s, when the guy discovered the temple full of monsters beneath the town. Then when he went back to town to warn them they threw him in an asylum because no one believed him. shyt was :wow:

Fred.

The chapter with the architect was my favorite. They did that nikka dirty at the end.

Idon'tWannaillIjustchill

Reppin' Beautiful Buds
Daps
yo this game was legit scary as fukk. I remember being at my friends crib late at night playing Eternal Darkness, there was some scene in it where there was a dead woman in the bathtub or some shyt, but the cut scene made me and my homey jump off the couch in horror :laugh:

I don't think I ever beat it though, got pretty far. I wanna play now :(

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
yo this game was legit scary as fukk. I remember being at my friends crib late at night playing Eternal Darkness, there was some scene in it where there was a dead woman in the bathtub or some shyt, but the cut scene made me and my homey jump off the couch in horror :laugh:

I don't think I ever beat it though, got pretty far. I wanna play now :(
sorry for replying to a 10+ year old thread but i was gonna create this thread myself

scene in question

great game that is rarely talked about

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We use to put this in the demo system at system at GameStop and crack up and people trying to play it.

It was amazing, "I think something wrong with the game" "oh the system reset" "the screen keeps flashing" "did the game just reset"

I also recall it doing some mad creepy stuff while it was idle.

I didn't turn it on when I was alone on my shift.:hubie:

A new game in this manner, especially for Nintendo would be a smash hit this day and age with all the debauchery and love for ghouls and ghost.

• Dap
Reactions: hex