Enough is enough. The District 9 sequel needs to happen

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I hope his Aliens movie flops so he will have no choice but to go back to his bread and butter franchise.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Well it had the perfect cliff hanger set up to make another movie. The director hasn't been eager to follow it up though. :manny:
Seems like he's not inspired to revisit it right now. He was all gung ho on that Alien sequel but Ridley cock blocked him so he can make another "prequel".

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
:blessed:

Looks like he's changing his tune now about the sequel to District 9

Neill Blomkamp Plans District 9 Follow-Up, Alien 5 Dead

Neill Blomkamp plans District 9 follow-up, Alien 5 dead
In an interview about his new experimental sci-fi shorts studio Oats Studios (more on that here), director Neill Blomkamp tells The Verge that he is planning a District 9 follow-up.

“With District 9, I plan on making another film in that world,” he said when asked if Oats Studios would work on tie-ins to District 9, Elysium or Chappie. “To go back and work with WETA, and make the film would be cool, but anything that pre-exists like that may not be the best fit for whatever we’re trying here.”

Released in August of 2009, District 9 stars Sharlto Copley. It was made for just $30 million and grossed $210.8 million worldwide.

He was also asked whether he is completely done with his Alien 5 concept. “I think it’s totally dead, yes. That would be an accurate assumption at this point. It’s sad. I spent a long time working on that, and I feel like it was really pretty awesome. But politically, the way it’s gone now, and the way that it all is — it’s just not going to live.”

He clarified he was talking about studio politics. “Ridley [Scott] was one of my idols growing up. He’s so talented and he’s made this film that really set me off in a direction. I want to just be as respectful and not go stamping around in this world that he created. I think that if the circumstances were different, and I didn’t feel like I was getting too close to something that he obviously feels a massive personal connection to, that things that may have played out differently. But I did want to be as respectful as possible.”

This echoes what Ridley Scott previously said about the concept. Scott’s own Prometheus sequel and Alien prequel, Alien: Covenant, opened in theaters on May 19 and has earned just $165 million worldwide on a $97 million budget. Prometheus grossed $403 million globally.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
He really dont have a choice but to do another district 9 because all his other movies flopped