Embracer Group went on a shopping spree, multiple acquisitions [Limited Run Games, Tripwire Interactive, Middle Earth Enterprises + more]

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Brehz…they are not playin..:whoo:

Yes. They now own LOTR entirely

There’s more!

They've also acquired Tatsujin, Bitwave Games and Gioteck.

NOTE: Embracer also acquired Crystal Dynamics/Eidos from Square Enix a couple of months ago*

EDIT #2

Seems they bought another big game developer they aren’t revealing yet :ohhh:

In addition to the five communicated acquisitions today, Embracer has entered into agreement to acquire another company within PC/Console gaming that, for commercial reasons, is not disclosed today. The purchase price for this un-disclosed acquisition is in the range of being among either third or fourth largest of the Transactions. The consideration and financial impact from this un-disclosed acquisition is included in the disclosed numbers in this press release.

Last edited:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Embracer Group shopping like MJ in Vegas

michael-jackson-shopping-in-las-vegas.gif

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I think I read somewhere today that Embracer said they're going to give the KOTOR remake to another developer.

Who would y'all wanna see make that game from their stable of studios? I think they own Eidos now right? That's probably the best bet since they did the recent Deus Ex games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think I read somewhere today that Embracer said they're going to give the KOTOR remake to another developer.

Who would y'all wanna see make that game from their stable of studios? I think they own Eidos now right? That's probably the best bet since they did the recent Deus Ex games.

i think they might get it to saber... I guess I could see Eidos take it. I think the hardest thing to put together is a modern combat system that pleases both new fans and old fans.

disney IP have had so many false starts in gaming these last few years, its insane.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
i think they might get it to saber... I guess I could see Eidos take it. I think the hardest thing to put together is a modern combat system that pleases both new fans and old fans.

disney IP have had so many false starts in gaming these last few years, its insane.

Wasnt the old system just rock paper scissors turn-based combat? I never played the the games but thats what I heard.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wasnt the old system just rock paper scissors turn-based combat? I never played the the games but thats what I heard.

its essentially a very rudimentary version of Xenogears/FF7R system where you attack in real time and you're just choosing abilities. It could update it in the same way

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
its essentially a very rudimentary version of Xenogears/FF7R system where you attack in real time and you're just choosing abilities. It could update it in the same way

well there you go, copy the battle system in FF7R if you wanna modernize the gameplay and still keep it authentic to the original game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
well there you go, copy the battle system in FF7R if you wanna modernize the gameplay and still keep it authentic to the original game.

i just wanna see if Embracer is gonna give these games a real AAA budget. People can say what they want about Square Enix but they broke the bank on funding eidos/crystal Dynamics games

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
i just wanna see if Embracer is gonna give these games a real AAA budget. People can say what they want about Square Enix but they broke the bank on funding eidos/crystal Dynamics games

Yeah its going to be really interesting to see if they can really manage all of these studios they bought over the years. I think as of now theres been zero games to come out of Embracer.

I imagine they wont be able to and theres going to be a lot of internal consolidation. Unless their money really is that long where they can fund all these individual studios.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah its going to be really interesting to see if they can really manage all of these studios they bought over the years. I think as of now theres been zero games to come out of Embracer.

I imagine they wont be able to and theres going to be a lot of internal consolidation. Unless their money really is that long where they can fund all these individual studios.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they still continue to license out and have other people publisher their games like they do for Borderlands or like Kadokawa does for Fromsoft

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
legit surprised at lrg getting bought. Hopefully they start getting stuff out faster.