‘Elio’ | Official Teaser Trailer | Disney • Pixar (6/13/25)

Daps
Looks Good. :ehh:

Lately I've seen many people trash Pixar's work, that their storytelling based on "what if ____ had feelings" is getting overplayed and that they only have sequels in preparation(Toy Story 5, Incredibles 3, Inside Out 2, etc). And not gonna lie, I'm not pumped to see Elemental from what I've seen in the trailer. The Spiderverse movies also really had a ripple effect on the industry (Puss in Boots 2, Ninja Turtles, Wish, etc) and a new audience seems ready to consume animated movies that move away from the traditional Pixar style full of realism.

But this looks promising!

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
This ain’t it, that movie looked like somebody trying their hardest to copy a Pixar movie. Lasseter really took Pixar’s soul when he left.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Not sure if I agree with Lasseter ”taking Pixar’s soul” when he left. He had hits but there were duds under his reign as well in the 2010s. Go take a look at how he’s doing at Skydance right now.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Not sure if I agree with Lasseter ”taking Pixar’s soul” when he left. He had hits but there were duds under his reign as well in the 2010s. Go take a look at how he’s doing at Skydance right now.

You talking about the Goid Dinosaur or Brave because financially those were 2x ROIs. Everything since Onward has been mediocre at best, or a poor performance.

Is it Lasseter, Disney, or the general audience? Either way the bloom is off the rose with Pixar, and if we’re being honest western animation in general.

EDIT: Cal Arts style needs to die.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
You talking about the Goid Dinosaur or Brave because financially those were 2x ROIs. Everything since Onward has been mediocre at best, or a poor performance.

Is it Lasseter, Disney, or the general audience? Either way the bloom is off the rose with Pixar, and if we’re being honest western animation in general.

I agree I just despise their aesthetic now

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

As meh as some of these Pixar movies have been lately, I don’t think any have been as bad as Cars 2. I also don’t know where the ROI talk with The Good Dinosaur is coming from because that’s still on track to be one of the biggest Pixar bombs, more so than Elemental (which is actually holding on well internationally).

And I thought Luca, Turning Red, and Soul were good, scratch that…great outings post-Onward that ended up suffering due to not getting theatrical treatment. They’re the ones that still have me giving Pixar the benefit of the doubt. :manny:

There seems to be many factors at play with their output lately. Creative brain trust, marketing, Disney+ making it a lot easier for audiences to wait it out, etc. I think their widespread influence on the animation game for what has felt like two decades now has finally caught up to them and recently we’ve been seeing other studios like Sony Animation and DreamWorks take some notes while also pushing the envelope. They’ll re-evaluate though.