Elden Ring (PS4,XB1,PC,PS5,XSX) (February 25th, 2022)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Elden Ring is by far and wide the only game where I’ve seen several posters claim it’s arguably the best game ever made. :hubie:

Even if you don’t get into the surprisingly rich lore (which actually makes exploration that much more engaging), from a game design/mechanics perspective it’s a masterclass in dungeon design, open world map design, and RPG buildcrafting. It’s just really fun to play and the game is structured so you’re always working towards something or discovering something new. You’re constantly engaged and there’s never any lulls in the gameplay loop

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Just from the that trailer the boss battle designs looked better than the base game.

I’m here for it

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bought this game yesterday and chose the Confessor character base. Honestly, I don't know what the heck I'm doing just exploring and getting mobbed for the most part. Whenever I am discovered, I usually run or try to escape with the Torrent but I know I can't keep doing that if I want to make my character stronger. I'm staying away from walkthrough videos right now so I can try to figure some things out on my own. My playing style has always been stealth-like when it comes to action/adventure games so this is definitely a challenge.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I bought this game yesterday and chose the Confessor character base. Honestly, I don't know what the heck I'm doing just exploring and getting mobbed for the most part. Whenever I am discovered, I usually run or try to escape with the Torrent but I know I can't keep doing that if I want to make my character stronger. I'm staying away from walkthrough videos right now so I can try to figure some things out on my own. My playing style has always been stealth-like when it comes to action/adventure games so this is definitely a challenge.
Look at rune farm tutorials and try to find easy enemies to level up. The game gets a lot easier when you’re at a higher level.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s the beauty of the first playthrough, not knowing what to do and where to go first.:blessed:

Good stay away from walkthroughs especially when it comes to weapons, imo every weapon is viable. Find one you like that’s all that matters. Some are obviously better than others but trust me you can make any weapon work

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

You’ll get utilize stealth more in dungeons, caves, etc. picking off enemies in large groups before jumping into the fray. It’s defintely useful and will help you get through stuff, but you’ll still need to learn to box 1on1 for bosses or strong enemies

Confessor is pretty balanced tho so you can get a feel for both swordplay/bows as well as faith spells

I know you’re avoiding guides/walktrhoughs but there’s a ton of build guides to help you figure out the playstyle you want to go for and at least see how they operate, but ultimately if you find some shyt that resonates with you and feels good to play then by all means totally lean into it

ER was my first souls game and I started off with samurai class and basically stayed with the katana/longbow playstyle but just got more advanced and started speccing into INT or Faith hybrid builds that still play the same but with magic damage. You can kind of do the same with confessor just keep it balanced and start speccing points into the attributes you want to build around until you lock in on what you really wanna do

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Yea, tbh you're going about it the right way. Just have fun with it

The beauty of the game is the different playstyles and weapons. It's a game you can clock 200 hours in, so whatever playstyle you start off with, whatever pace you're on, you'll probably switch or remix it a dozen times over. Eventually you'll have to make your mc stronger but there's no rush.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
lowkey the trailer makes it seem like we're going to go into Miquella's semi-waking dream of the Lands Between with parallels/perversions. Which makes sense when you consider Miquella is also St. Trina and therefore has a relationship with sleep/dreaming. Also some ceonceptual imagery of the relationship between Miquella(sleep) and Godwyn(death)

The weird lion creature makes me think that's how he sees Hoarah - not wearing Serosh but trapped by it.

There will likely be a fair amount of stuff with Godwyn as well considering the last major undertaking we know Miquella was caught in was mourning his slain brother so may explain the deathblight on the tree.
Prolly wrong but wouldn't surprise me if we go into a world of Miquella's creation where Godwyn didn't get killed and we see his thoughts on what the Lands Between would have been if he hadn't. Maybe the world without Marika, considering the complete absence of golden order stuff in the trailer?

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I haven’t played in a minute. Is that Moonveil Katana that shoots horizontal and vertical projectiles still nerfed from his original stats?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn. Hopefully the Mimic is still strong

If you're into katanas, Rivers Of Blood is still good even after the nerf.

It's kinda relevant though (and I doubt the Mimic will matter much) because there seems to be a new leveling system in the DLC. You will level up your abilities similar to "Sekiro", I don't think your level in the base game will factor into anything.

Fred.