Elden Ring (PS4,XB1,PC,PS5,XSX) (February 25th, 2022)

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Could somebody please "Smack, who is this nikka?" This Mesmer The Impaler character for me :dahell: was he even mentioned in the base game?

Looks sick tho cant lie
I think that's Miquella. In the game it was stated he went by many names the only one we got was st. Trina but he probably is also Mesmer the impaler

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I think that's Miquella. In the game it was stated he went by many names the only one we got was st. Trina but he probably is also Mesmer the impaler
There's been a running theme with gold = blessed and red = aggressive in Elden Ring. Gold eye enemies drop more runes, red eye enemies aggro and from increased range. Orden is golden light and almost every major faction opposing the order in the game are shrouded in red(volcano manor, three fingers/madness, Mohg/cult of blood. Marika is golden, Radagon is red, etc. There's an antithetical theme they've been running with.

Considering who their parents were, I always assumed Malenia and Miquella were the extension of Marika's duality - her benevolence in him; her violence in her. But it wouldn't surprise me if Miquella due to Mohg's experimentation ends up a fully realized person and becomes Messmer - Miquella tainted by bloodflame. Arm length and general shape line up with the arm out the egg as well.

Give me golden-haired Valkyrie Malenia as summonable help for the fight FromSoft.
Do it you cowards.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
There's been a running theme with gold = blessed and red = aggressive in Elden Ring. Gold eye enemies drop more runes, red eye enemies aggro and from increased range. Orden is golden light and almost every major faction opposing the order in the game are shrouded in red(volcano manor, three fingers/madness, Mohg/cult of blood. Marika is golden, Radagon is red, etc. There's an antithetical theme they've been running with.

Considering who their parents were, I always assumed Malenia and Miquella were the extension of Marika's duality - her benevolence in him; her violence in her. But it wouldn't surprise me if Miquella due to Mohg's experimentation ends up a fully realized person and becomes Messmer - Miquella tainted by bloodflame. Arm length and general shape line up with the arm out the egg as well.

Give me golden-haired Valkyrie Malenia as summonable help for the fight FromSoft.
Do it you cowards.

this shyt the reason nikkas like vaati got a style to run with it. no shade intended ya'll got some great imaginations

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
this shyt the reason nikkas like vaati got a style to run with it. no shade intended ya'll got some great imaginations
eh. The first half isn't imagination it's just knowing how to look for intended subtext. Martin helped with the story of Elden Ring. The Gold/Red duality/dichotomy is 100% intended. If it extends to this DLC is a question but it's present in the base game is just a fact :yeshrug: Boot up in-game and look around the world and you'll see it too. Honestly that stuff is a little loud and in your face by FromSoft standards. That's stuff you can see with your eyes and don't have to read fittyleven lore passages on obscure equipment to get a wisp of story if you squint. But knowing it's intended means I spent that trailer looking for it, so I'm prolly reading a bit deep.

I say 50/50 I'm on the right track tho

We gon see in June :blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
eETpJ40.jpeg

TV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't played this game and I'm aware a big DLC is dropping soon for it. Is this game overrated or worth playing?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I haven't played this game and I'm aware a big DLC is dropping soon for it. Is this game overrated or worth playing?
The game is not overrated and it’s definitely worth playing. The game is hard as fukk though. There’s no difficulty level, and the area you’re start in, there’s a giant mini boss chilling right there. If you like a very hard and challenging game then it’s for you. But if you like a more casual game where you can bump up the difficulty at your leisure, then it may not.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Lets put it like this cause someone just asked me this irl.... Elden Ring was the majority of the King James Bible & this DLC gonna be the New Testament. If u not willing to set aside 3 months of your life for it gone ahead and get Zelda or something. Its as close to the greatest text ever told in games as its gonna get. Now if you've played a Souls game before its more like reading To Kill a Mockingbird or something. Not too intense but its still taking you out of the way.

As such its hard to recommend to a total newcomer unless you really game like that. There's other games I'd say play that are similar like Tears of the Kingdom or Witcher 3. Its absolutely a 10/10 game and nothing is coming close for a long time. Actually maybe GTA6 but still.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Do it you cowards.

i assumed the golden figure at the end was miquella. but everything else you're theorizing is... :ohhh:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I held off for a year before I played it. I didn't want to go through the anxiety of another Souls game.

When I finally did did I clocked in 80 hours without even knowing.
I hardly finish games anymore, I never finished a Souls game. I could not put this game down. One of the best open world experiences in gaming and one of the best games ever made.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Game is as close to a 11/10 as you can get. Got at least 500 hours in this between ps5 n pc