Elden Ring (PS4,XB1,PC,PS5,XSX) (February 25th, 2022)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If they drop a 15 hour DLC for their first open world game 1+ years after release they're gonna get torn to shreds. :mjlol:

I foresee this being much, much bigger than any previous DLC.

Fred.
I guess it depends on if they are gonna have one or two DLCs.

I really can’t see them dropping two 30 hours DLCs. At that point it would just be Elden Ring 2.

Took them like 6 years to make the game. 1 year for what would amount to like half an entire game seems like too much to ask imo.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I guess it depends on if they are gonna have one or two DLCs.

I really can’t see them dropping two 30 hours DLCs. At that point it would just be Elden Ring 2.

Took them like 6 years to make the game. 1 year for what would amount to like half an entire game seems like too much to ask imo.

Probably have one massive DLC.

They had to have been working on the DLC alongside the main game because there's a bunch of files in the game for areas and bosses that aren't there. Something like 30+ bosses, if I find the Tweet I'll post it. It's one of the main From Soft data miners on PC.

Fred.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Probably have one massive DLC.

They had to have been working on the DLC alongside the main game because there's a bunch of files in the game for areas and bosses that aren't there. Something like 30+ bosses, if I find the Tweet I'll post it. It's one of the main From Soft data miners on PC.

Fred.
Yeah I think it will be one expansive DLC. Will probably cost a minimum $29.99, wouldn’t be surprised if it cost more though.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure it's been pointed out but that's definitely Miquella riding Torrent in the DLC pic.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@MeachTheMonster

This is the Twitter account but I can't find the specific Tweet about how many bosses, etc. they cut.

Also there's a ton of cut quests in the game right now. There's a whole quest line with Kalé and his brothers. Who are under Leydell. I won't get more specific due to spoilers, but you probably know who I'm talking about.

There was also a whole sleep/dream mechanic they removed, in the quest.

The cut content alone is probably 10-15 hours of game play, even without the DLC.

Fred.

Daps
Pick up that stuff and do the exploring. :shaq:

You will undoubtedly come back for a second playthrough and it will be good to have stuff for a different build from the start instead of working through the game again to get to it.

This 100%.

You'll eventually hit a point where you can try out different weapons because your stats give versatility.

Right now I like using BH Fang in my right hand and Blasphemous Blade in my left...Use BHF for most attacks while BB allows me to recover HP back on each kill. It's not powerstancing but still effective.

Sometimes I'll use Sacred Sword because the Holy attack is great at crowd control.

Giant Crusher requires 60 STR but will break the poise of most enemies.

Powerstance Nagakaiba plus Rivers of Blood or Moonveil when you need more speed.

Kinda wanna try a respec so I can test a Comet Azur build.....seen folks one-shotting Radagon so it might be worth a shot.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dlc announcement made me go back and finish my mage playthrough (1st was melee). Low key Radagon/Elden Beast took my just as much time/tries as Malenia on both builds. I didn't even get Comet Azur in my playthrough but had to seek it out for Malenia, her 2nd phase as a mage was ridiculous without it.

If the DLC just gives us one Limgrave type area in size and quality, I'd be very happy with that. I love the game but you can't tell me Altus Plateau or Mountain of The Giants had the same level of effort put in, and is as fun to explore.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The dlc announcement made me go back and finish my mage playthrough (1st was melee). Low key Radagon/Elden Beast took my just as much time/tries as Malenia on both builds. I didn't even get Comet Azur in my playthrough but had to seek it out for Malenia, her 2nd phase as a mage was ridiculous without it.

If the DLC just gives us one Limgrave type area in size and quality, I'd be very happy with that. I love the game but you can't tell me Altus Plateau or Mountain of The Giants had the same level of effort put in, and is as fun to explore.

Everything after leyndell was just kind of whatever. I can’t think of a lot of unique enemies after that point

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked Haligtree and Farum Azula, but the overworld seemed more slapped together from Altus Plateau on.

Those areas looked nice but they were annoying as hell to traverse. Anything that relies on platforming and jumping in a Fromsoft game is ass to me