Ebony Online talks to current and former gangbangers about Chicago violence

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Pretty interesting

[ENOUGH] Guns and Murders in Chicago - News & Views - EBONY

Why carry Illegal guns?
“It is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 8 to the cemetery...The catching comes before the hanging, and the catching may never happen:” W.A., former mob member turned rehab worker, Black male, age 60.

“The older generation failed us. There is a war out there. It's life or death; kill or get killed; no body wants to die” R.P., former hit man with 1 bullet still in leg, Black male, age 21.

-“The dusties [age 60-70] carry because they scared... to be robbed by younger people, younger people carry because they scared they will be hurt by other young people.” W.A., former mob member turned rehab worker, Black male, age 60.

Any solutions to the gunplay in Chicago?

-“Use people like [gang leaders] Larry Hoovers, Chief Malik who have a voice.”D.I. former gang member and drug dealer, served over 18 years for murder, Black male, age 37.

-“Have more jobs in the community; improve our schools..; more conflict resolution and communications skills.” R.P., former hit male with 1 bullet still in leg, Black male, age 21.

-“Stop telling people that they cannot have a job if they have a background, because...that will … put them back into violence.” D.I. former gang member and drug dealer, served over 18 years for murder, Black male, age 37.

-“Too many of us young and older [people] beefing over petty nonsense. We need to learn how to better relate to each other.” A.R., former gang member turned City employee, Black female, age 45.

-“Preachers and politicians need to stop selling us out and taking the money... that supposed to be used to develop our people and communities.” M.P., former drug dealer and hit male, Army veteran, turned youth advocate, Black male, age 32.

-“We talk about stopping the supplies of guns, but we need to focus more on the demand for guns... in our own communities. It is like we need the guns to survive to the next day.” D.I. former gang member and drug dealer, served over 18 years for murder, Black male, age 37.

- “Stop police corruption so we can trust the police we pay to protect us.” R.P., former hit male with 1 bullet still in leg, Black male, age 21

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
LOL at where they were getting the guns from. White dudes stay having arsenals inside the house. :laff:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
LOL at where they were getting the guns from. White dudes stay having arsenals inside the house. :laff:
:heh:

The white dude even said "anywhere that white folks live". White people buy guns to protect themselves from black people ...

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
“We talk about stopping the supplies of guns, but we need to focus more on the demand for guns... in our own communities. It is like we need the guns to survive to the next day.” D.I. former gang member and drug dealer, served over 18 years for murder, Black male, age 37.

/endthread

btw...why does every quote have their race next to it?
Could you imagine if a white magazine did that?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
-“Too many of us young and older [people] beefing over petty nonsense. We need to learn how to better relate to each other.” A.R., former gang member turned City employee, Black female, age 45.

only thing i like that was said. rest of them nikkas blaming everyone but themselves.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I sorta wish that we could just have an "All Black Crime Force" that was nothing but black males who were above the law with full logistical and technological support to shut down gangs in the city. No whites involved. No 4th Amendment, 5th Amendment, bookworm bullshyt. And NO excuses.

Call em The c00ndock Saints.