EA Sports, Madden and the Madden Stans out here trying to pull some scummy shyt :dead:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, I used to work for GoDaddy. You'd be surprised how many over invested weirdos do shyt like this all the time, especially since you can typically get a year of a domain for under $20, and redirect it for free. This is absolutely the case of some nerd thinking they need to defend EA and doing this corny shyt.

And, to be fair, it's equally corny to put out a video accusing EA of doing something like that without doing a basic whois lookup to get supporting info.

Sadly, the real problem is that the Maximum Football publisher just dropped the ball. Securing domain alternates is one of the basic duties of a marketing team.

If Maximum has a trademark on the name they should actually be able to get that revoked and force whoever owns the domain to release

They can, but it's not a cut and dry thing. It usually takes a bit of time for the domain to be turned over the copyright holder, especially if the domain holder is being uncooperative.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So, I used to work for GoDaddy. You'd be surprised how many over invested weirdos do shyt like this all the time, especially since you can typically get a year of a domain for under $20, and redirect it for free. This is absolutely the case of some nerd thinking they need to defend EA and doing this corny shyt.

And, to be fair, it's equally corny to put out a video accusing EA of doing something like that without doing a basic whois lookup to get supporting info.

Sadly, the real problem is that the Maximum Football publisher just dropped the ball. Securing domain alternates is one of the basic duties of a marketing team.

They can, but it's not a cut and dry thing. It usually takes a bit of time for the domain to be turned over the copyright holder, especially if the domain holder is being uncooperative.

I used to work for GoDaddy for a while as well I’m sure we both got the same customer PTSD :lolbron: