EA reportedly ending support for Wild Hearts 7 months after launch

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
That's rough, because iirc, this was one of the games in their weird indy publishing experiment. Think it was EA Creators or something like that. If they are pulling the plug that quickly, it underperformed really badly, or these small studios they are platforming have very short leash. Or both.

...Did anyone actually play it? Like, how was it? I'm curious.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Never played it, zero interest, we want Witcher 4 foh with this shyt

Chef

All Star
Daps
It was a cool game, it tried to separate itself from Monster Hunter but MH is a different beast.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I want this company to fukking die...on the dead marsupials, I never had so much malice intent for a company as I do EA. At least Activision/Blizzard tries to work with the community to a 1/100000 chance ratio.

EA just treats games and gamers like throat gagging whores. Such a shame that in 2023, they still running amok and not getting checked for their blunders.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I want this company to fukking die...on the dead marsupials, I never had so much malice intent for a company as I do EA. At least Activision/Blizzard tries to work with the community to a 1/100000 chance ratio.

EA just treats games and gamers like throat gagging whores. Such a shame that in 2023, they still running amok and not getting checked for their blunders.

They hired a reputable japanese studio to create a new ip that wasn’t filled with DLC and MTX and you want them to die? Weird energy lol

For as much shyt as people like to give EA they put out two new IP this year, and they both failed but they shouldn’t really be shyt on for trying.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
They hired a reputable japanese studio to create a new ip that wasn’t filled with DLC and MTX and you want them to die? Weird energy lol

For as much shyt as people like to give EA they put out two new IP this year, and they both failed but they shouldn’t really be shyt on for trying.

I suppose you are right. I'm just still sour over Anthem and struggling to run half of their bloat ass games on my Steam Deck.

I'm kinda hating at this point :francis:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Ehh didn't even know about this.

And hey EA is whatever.. but I do want a 3rd McGee's Alice

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was a dope ass game, I beat it. As a Monster Hunter fiend, this definitely scratched the itch, but didn't feel like a clone. The building was intuitive and added a lot to the gameplay. Solid 8/10.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
This was a dope ass game, I beat it. As a Monster Hunter fiend, this definitely scratched the itch, but didn't feel like a clone. The building was intuitive and added a lot to the gameplay. Solid 8/10.
Monster hunter is its own genre at this point and it needs more love shown to it. Sad this game failed

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sounds like the monster hunter community didn’t take to it. Especially since MHR dropped on Xbox and PlayStation around the same time.

Obviously nobody wanted to play the Great Value MH game and it didn’t help it launched with so many technical issues according to a few YouTubers

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It was a cool game, it tried to separate itself from Monster Hunter but MH is a different beast.
it didn't even compete with monster hunter competitors lol. this shyt couldn't even keep pace with dauntless
Sounds like the monster hunter community didn’t take to it. Especially since MHR dropped on Xbox and PlayStation around the same time.

Obviously nobody wanted to play the Great Value MH game and it didn’t help it launched with so many technical issues according to a few YouTubers
yeah fr. there's plenty of space in the monster hunting genre historically. this game just didn't have a working deep game grind that kept the loop refreshing.

Chef

All Star
Daps
it didn't even compete with monster hunter competitors lol. this shyt couldn't even keep pace with dauntless

yeah fr. there's plenty of space in the monster hunting genre historically. this game just didn't have a working deep game grind that kept the loop refreshing.

I didn’t know MH had a lot of competition, this was the first game of its type that I noticed.

The art style and mechanics weren’t in the same league as MH, I was spoiled by MHW and Sunbreak did Wild Hearts no favor.