EA CEO Andrew Wilson thinks it would benefit them for CoD to go exclusive

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Very interesting. Seems like a lot of 3rd party publishers are pro-acquisition for this very reason :patrice:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Very interesting. Seems like a lot of 3rd party publishers are pro-acquisition for this very reason :patrice:

Well, yeah. That's just basic business sense. They create a gap in the market by going exclusive, they attempt to take that space.

But that would require them not putting out a fukking busted game, and somehow drastically increasing the cultural relevance of Battlefield, so.....

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well, yeah. That's just basic business sense. They create a gap in the market by going exclusive, they attempt to take that space.

But that would require them not putting out a fukking busted game, and somehow drastically increasing the cultural relevance of Battlefield, so.....

Not for nothing Apex is doing well for them in that space. They have quite a few multiplayer games that they would start pushing more, might even try and get marketing deals for battlefield from sony if they lose CoD

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

People will migrate over to wherever COD is before compromising with BF. These two series aren't even comparable whether we're talking popularity / relevance or quality.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
They would have to make a new fps series. Battlefield is down bad.

If I’m Sony I’m giving bungie a blank check to fill that position tho.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They would have to make a new fps series. Battlefield is down bad.

If I’m Sony I’m giving bungie a blank check to fill that position tho.

Thats happening anyway but i doubt Bungie wants to make a standard military shooter, seems like its more of a deviation though.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
It won't go exclusive at all. I don't know what the fuss is. Sony is just upset and know that they can't cash out on the title anymore.

It will be like Minecraft. EA need to close as a publisher. All their titles are terrible now from Mass Effect to Madden.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I feel like this is a coke/pepsi thing
it doesn't matter what you do those players will get their fix

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Sony has the talent to make a COD like title

you have access to Guerilla games and Bungie to help slap Sony studios on it

shyt bring socom back make it FPS make it a little edgier similar to that escape from tarkov game some folk play on twitch add little cod zeal to it.

There you have a hit with the fps crowd that play on playstation.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony has the talent to make a COD like title

you have access to Guerilla games and Bungie to help slap Sony studios on it

shyt bring socom back make it FPS make it a little edgier similar to that escape from tarkov game some folk play on twitch add little cod zeal to it.

There you have a hit with the fps crowd that play on playstation.

Ehh. It's tough to say that'll automatically hit on the level of CoD though, even if it's good.

And honestly, anyone starting up a truly competing series would lose their momentum the first year CoD had another release, and they didn't. For better or worse, Activision slowly turning itself into the CoD Factory has, financially speaking, been the right thing. If people hate one release, they've got two different games coming down the pipe the following two years, and they can have that studio blow up their original plans to do something different in three years.

It's not even a fight of quality or promotion at this point. It's a fight of attrition.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ehh. It's tough to say that'll automatically hit on the level of CoD though, even if it's good.

And honestly, anyone starting up a truly competing series would lose their momentum the first year CoD had another release, and they didn't. For better or worse, Activision slowly turning itself into the CoD Factory has, financially speaking, been the right thing. If people hate one release, they've got two different games coming down the pipe the following two years, and they can have that studio blow up their original plans to do something different in three years.

It's not even a fight of quality or promotion at this point. It's a fight of attrition.

I dont really think it matters in the grand scheme of things, CoD existing doesn’t mean other successful multiplayer shooters can’t especially if the former goes exclusive to one platform. I dont think Sony needs to make a military shooter to be successful, they just need a game to hit and one that they can market every year.

I’m sure sony would rather have their own fortnite or apex, games that continually generate revenue. Those games dont get as much attention because they don’t show up on sales charts like NPD but i bet they make a shyt load of actual in-game money annually. If sony get something on the level of one of those games they are making a billy a year off it.

Destiny and Bungies new game alone will probably be a major revenue generator for them.

Look at nintendo they are killing it with Splatoon, and not even even remotely a hardcore shooter but each one sells like 15 million copies on one platform.

I would assume sony would be pretty pleased if their multiplayer titles fall within this list

07-BB78-B8-4-CCE-4704-947-A-A3-A175-B10901.jpg

Last edited:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash

I didn't think about it like that though you do make point.

Last edited: