Dudes gotta stop whining...

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
...this is an article I wrote for the blog, it was suggested I bring it over here to discuss. There's other good stuff in the blog BTW if you haven't checked it out yet.

Stop Whining

Last week, MMG artist Stalley took to Twitter to vent about a perceived lack of respect. That headline alone is nothing new in the egotistical arena of Hip Hop, where the journey to success is the climb of a proverbial staircase that artists seldom reach the top of (as if selling your dreams of success isn’t success enough).

Twitter therapy on its own merits isn’t the topic however; I want to focus on what Stalley actually said as it serves as a microcosm of a disturbing trend. He pleaded, “I put everything in my music and I’m really sick of being overlooked.”

Perhaps, that’s a fair feeling for any artist to have, and maybe one would fail to be an aspiring artist without that unconfirmed, but self-assured belief in one’s ability. But that is another discussion. The greater story is told by the consensus response from the comment section peanut gallery. They collectively pontificated that perhaps Stalley is not a great artist being overlooked; he’s just not as good as he thinks he is, and maybe he’s just plain boring.

Any and all feedback is cool and appreciated..one thing I request if you're going to reply try not to single out Stalley, I just used him as a current example of my main point

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
He has no mainstream appeal and he just isnt that dope :ld: