Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
I really wish this dude got more love. Just released a new brief verse:

Going back a little ways, homie be gassing:

This shyt fire:

I can't be the only cat on dude around here, so I'ma periodically update his appreciation thread!

never heard of him but after that blank blank suggestion i trust your musical taste bro. finna check it later at the crib

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Damn this kid is nice

Dude is real nice. He can be inconsistent because he plays around stylistically with his flow, and he doesn't always sound great; he gets into these modes where he's trying to pattern more commercialized, popular styles. He also raps over weak beats sometimes...

But he's a natural spitter and when he's on this nikka is heat...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock what's his best projects?

The Slim Show, easily. He hasn't had a project this complete since...

Duck can actually rap, but he plays with his flow too much for me. He gets experimental on beats that need him to really go off on, he'll go into some mumble shyt, then maybe try this fast shyt like he's mimicking Twista or somebody...

The other drawback is his content is redundant. He isn't creative in subject matter...

But he has good producers, he's actually a producer himself, and when he puts his head down and really just raps on hot beats without the BS, he is really good. All three vids from the OP are from The Slim Show, that dropped 4 years ago this month and is his best release to date!

@ISO I value your music critiques, if you never spim nothing else by dude play this Slim Show tape and let me know how it lands for you. If he was this consistent on every drop he'd be making some real noise...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I haven't kept up with homie this year, but here's some 2022 drops for anyone who is interested:

At the time I got put on to dude, I think the thing besides his talent that stuck with me was the relatability, family is really from the streets. And while some people are of the impression that most rappers of this era are street guys, that isn't my opinion (I think most of this era is street-adjacent, rather than being of the cloth themselves, and the lines are blurred in the present about what "street nikkas" mean)...

Anchorage ain't got the meanest streets around, but we all know the criminal underworld exists everywhere. Anchorage's murder and violent crime rate is in the same range as Boston, Raleigh, Brooklyn, Seattle, San Francisco. So to the extent of the streets in Anchorage homeboy is really from them and I think that's one of the things that stuck with me early...

I know he's been on tour with those Memphis dudes before, he's opened for Philthy and Mozzy before. It's gonna be hard to market anyone from Alaska, but as it is he the hottest one I've heard, best spitter, and I've heard a couple dudes from up there...