Drop Knowledge: THE "QUOTES" THREAD

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
"If money is your hope for independence, you will never have it. The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability.”
― Henry Ford

"Be the change you want to see - the world is a reflection of yourself." -ghnadi

"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration." - edison

"for those who know the least obey the best." - george farquhar

"A fool is happy when his cravings are fulfilled. A Warrior is happy without reason. That's what makes happiness the ultimate discipline. Happiness is not just something you feel- its who you ARE." ~ Socrates

"That force which rebelled in the unseen forces (or in spirit) that came into activity, was that influence which has been called Satan, the Devil, the Serpent; they are One. That of REBELLION! When man in any activity rebels against the influences of good he harkens to the influence of evil rather than the influence of good. Will is given to man for the choice. As given, ‘There is set before thee (man) good and evil.’ Evil is rebellion. Good is the Son of Life, of Light, of Truth; and the Son of Light, of Life, of Truth came into physical being to demonstrate and show and lead the way for man’s ascent to the power of good over evil in a material world. As there is, then, a personal savior, there is the personal devil.” Edgar Cayce

"if i was looking for safe i wouldnt be sticking my duck through a wall" - danny devito

AUH! - sean carter

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do
anything about it"
- Albert Einstein

"WHAT BIKE?" --------

deebo.jpg

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
"It is written, He that dippeth in the dish with me, hath lifted up his heel against me"
- The Christ

Varys' Nutsack

thrown in da bushes
Daps
Reppin
?
“Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.”

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Matthew 10:34-36

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law —
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[a]

-- Jesus Christ

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
- An answer brings no illumination unless the question has matured to a point where it gives rise to this answer which thus becomes its fruit. Therefore learn how to put a question.

- What reveals itself to me ceases to be mysterious—for me alone: if I unveil it to anyone else, he hears mere words which betray the living sense: Profanation, but never revelation.

- The first concerning the 'secrets': all cognition comes from inside; we are therefore initiated only by ourselves, but the Master gives the keys.

- The second concerning the 'way': the seeker has need of a Master to guide him and lift him up when he falls, to lead him back to the right way when he strays.

- Understanding develops by degrees.

- As to deserving, know that the gift of Heaven is free; this gift of Knowledge is so great that no effort whatever could hope to 'deserve' it.

- If the Master teaches what is error, the disciple's submission is slavery; if he teaches truth, this submission is ennoblement.

- There grows no wheat where there is no grain.

- The only thing that is humiliating is helplessness.

- An answer if profitable in proportion to the intensity of the quest.

- Listen to your conviction, even if they seem absurd to your reason.

- Know the world in yourself. Never look for yourself in the world, for this would be to project your illusion

- To teach one must know the nature of those whom one is teaching.

- In every vital activity it is the path that matters.

- The way of knowledge is narrow.

- Each truth you learn will be, for you, as new as if it had never been written.

- The only active force that arises out of possession is fear of losing the object of possession.

- If you defy an enemy by doubting his courage you double it.

- The nut doesn't reveal the tree it contains.

- For knowledge ... you should know that peace is an indispensable condition of getting it.

- The first thing necessary in teaching is a master; the second is a pupil capable of carrying on the tradition.

- Peace is the fruit of activity, not of sleep.

- The kingdom of heaven is within you; and whosoever shall know himself shall find it.

Ancient Kemetic Proverbs

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
"I am not surrounded, I am engaging the enemy on all sides" - some guy sig on a forum i saw

It's foolish to mistake patience for weakness.

The difference between a dirty old man and a distinguished older gentleman is the size of his wallet.

"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. "

"A smart person learns from his/her mistakes, a really smart person learns from other peoples mistakes."

Give modern women the husband they deserve. None.

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own.

Most women are basically looking for enablers they can blame for "tricking" them into doing something that they already wanted to do, in case things go wrong.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
"Words can be turned against me"- Jean Baudrillard, "This is the Fourth World War," essentially regarding polysemy and readings (and misreadings) of texts.

"Il n'y a pas de hors texte" (There is nothing outside text/context)- Jacques Derrida, Of Grammatology, regarding dissemination of meaning and, conversely, the inability to abstract an event/happening/text from the context in which it was produced/reproduced (read/reread; written/rewritten/written).

"It might be asked: what's the difference between paganism and Christianity? Foucault makes a distinction between what he calls the Christian 'hermeneutics of desire' and the pagan 'aesthetics of existence.' In a seminar at New York University in 1980, Foucault is reported to have said that the difference between late antiquity and early Christianity might be reduced to the following questions: the patrician pagan asks, 'Given that I am who I am, whom can I fukk?' That is, given my status in society, who would it be appropriate for me to take as my lover, which girl or boy, woman or man. By contrast, the Christian asks, 'Given that I can fukk no one, who am I?' That is, the question of what it means to be human first arises for Christians in the sight of God. For thinkers like Paul and Augustine, it is in relation to God's perfection that I become aware of myself as imperfect and sinful and begin to develop the acute self-consciousness of bad conscience."- Simon Critchley, The Book of Dead Philosophers, paraphrasing Michel Foucault's points about the development of sexuality into the present day. More importantly, it has applications beyond just sexuality, into the way in which we generally think and conceive and create ourselves in relation to the world around us and our imagined conception of what the world should be. Also, a key (if a bit oblique) point in understanding the development of Biopower, if you're into that sort of thing.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
- Arthur Schopenhauer.