Drew Peterson found guilty of murder in death of third wife

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Jury convicts Drew Peterson of 3rd wife's death - Yahoo! News

Drew Peterson, the swaggering former suburban Chicago police officer who generated a media storm after his much-younger fourth wife vanished in 2007, was convicted Thursday of murdering his third wife in a case based mainly on secondhand hearsay statements from the two women.

Peterson, 58, sat stoically looking straight ahead and did not react as the verdict was read. Several of his third wife's relatives gasped before hugging each other as they cried quietly in the courtroom.

Illinois has no death penalty, and Peterson now faces a maximum 60-year prison term when sentenced in Kathleen Savio's death on Nov. 26.

The trial was the first of its kind in Illinois history, with prosecutors building their case largely on secondhand hearsay thanks to a new law, dubbed "Drew's Law," tailored to Peterson's case. That hearsay, prosecutors had said, would let his third and fourth wives "speak from their graves" through family and friends to convict Peterson.

Hearsay is any information reported by a witness that is not based on the witness' direct knowledge. Its use at the trial could also be grounds for an appeal from Peterson.

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
Dude got too confident and cocky

I swear this dude was one of the most cocky murder suspects I've ever seen. Was smiling every time I saw him on TV :wtf:

And didn't he also get a girlfriend while his wife's disappearance was being investigated?

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Dude probably murdered all 3 of them.

He just got caught this time

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I swear this dude was one of the most cocky murder suspects I've ever seen. Was smiling every time I saw him on TV :wtf:

And didn't he also get a girlfriend while his wife's disappearance was being investigated?

Yep, check out his picture just posted on the main page of Yahoo -

drew_peterson_uni.jpg

:smugdrew:

YBE

Banned
Daps
This dude should write a book....for umm....educational purposes :youngsabo:

j7thirty

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town
Even Chi-Cacs catching bodies

Drew peterson Mad he missed the mmg anthem but Ross a celebrate in his honor

tumblr_m8gyvlWAIW1qkwx8o.gif

Oh wait he lost

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
While i believe he did it and i think he should be in jail for it what i don't like about this case is that they had to come up with some new law, "Drew's Law", to railroad him. So basically you're telling me he committed the perfect murder(s) and because yall couldn't convict him off the strength of hard evidence, yall say we just gonna change the rules up on him :beli::shaq2:...it sets a bad precedent and i won't be shocked if he gets off on appeal.