Dreamcast VMU Appreciation Thread

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
For my :flabbynsick: heads, remember this from back in the day?

vee-em-you.jpg

Shyt was revolutionary and changed the game (literally). Was crazy to have a memory card that could also do a bunch of other shyt (ie. minigames, showing secrets plays in 2K, health bars, etc.). Just figured this deserves an appreciation thread.

Dreamcast in general though. :wow:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
For my :flabbynsick: heads, remember this from back in the day?

vee-em-you.jpg

Shyt was revolutionary and changed the game (literally). Was crazy to have a memory card that could also do a bunch of other shyt (ie. minigames, showing secrets plays in 2K, health bars, etc.). Just figured this deserves an appreciation thread.

Dreamcast in general though. :wow:

Dreamcast started it all - peripherals, online play, Had a bunch of fly ass games too :ohlawd:. Everything was good for 2 months before Sony came through and crushed the buildings :damn:(:whew:).

My cousin had one and he was a stingy hoe with it :pacspit:, but it was always fun to play.

Sidenote @acri1 , you cop that Last Airbender on Bluray?

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
other than that controller being mad huge that was an awesome system...crazy to me that i had dreamcast...ps2...ps3...and i didnt play a single online game until i copped an xbox360...it was almost like i didnt know online gaming was a thing...or it just didnt take it serious.

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
Next month I'll get to play the GOAT Dreamcast game on PS4 in Powerstone 2.

I hope for nostalgia's sake they add the VMU beeps through the controller of the PS4 speaker. :mjcry:
Fixed that for ya breh breh. But ya I remember bringin that shyt to school with me

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I always struggled to pull that lil bytch out of the controller :mjcry:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
:mjcry: never had one. Had to leave my shyt on all day. Asked my mom for over for Christmas and she got me one for ps2. :wow:end of my dreamcast's chapter.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Next month I'll get to play the GOAT Dreamcast game on PS4 in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

I hope for nostalgia's sake they add the VMU beeps through the controller of the PS4 speaker. :mjcry:

Fixed that for ya breh breh. But ya I remember bringin that shyt to school with me

Fixed again. The GOAT been available for years on PS3/360. Need it on the new gen, though. Keep real Mahvel alive:blessed:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Sega really had innovation for days

Never had DC but I knew someone that did, Powerstone and Sonic Demo galore

First Soul Blade/Edge sequel :ufdup: first time nikkas heard about a Soul Calibur

Videogames need more fun game-related hardware innovations and less Graphic based shyt

Nintendo can't be the only ones leading the charge on that