Domain Name Buying/Selling

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
The making money online thread is pretty much dead/dying/slow so I thought I'd make a new post.

Anyone here fukk around with buying and selling domains? I own about 60. The most I've ever sold one for is the low $xx,xxx range. A domain name I held for 7 years before selling it. Through Sedo so they took a 20% cut. I get offers often on my others. Frequently saying no to $2,000 - $5,000 offers.

My best domain name is a 5 letter, single word that I've been holding on to since 2001.

Am I the only one?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The making money online thread is pretty much dead/dying/slow so I thought I'd make a new post.

Anyone here fukk around with buying and selling domains? I own about 60. The most I've ever sold one for is the low $xx,xxx range. A domain name I held for 7 years before selling it. Through Sedo so they took a 20% cut. I get offers often on my others. Frequently saying no to $2,000 - $5,000 offers.

My best domain name is a 5 letter, single word that I've been holding on to since 2001.

Am I the only one?
If you own it, why can't you name it?

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
If you own it, why can't you name it?

Name what? My domain names? So people can do a WHOIS lookup and get my info?

No thanks.

Most of my domain names are private registration. But the old WHOIS data from initial registration is easy to get.

This is not a bragging thread. This is a thread where we can share info/strategy and maybe I can introduce a few other people to the domain flipping game.

@Liquid Can you just merge this with the Making Money Online thread? These nikkas ain't ready for this shyt yet.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Name what? My domain names? So people can do a WHOIS lookup and get my info?

No thanks.

Most of my domain names are private registration. But the old WHOIS data from initial registration is easy to get.

I will say that I sold 99problems.com a few years ago for high $x,xxx on Sedo.

This is not a bragging thread. This is a thread where we can share info/strategy and maybe I can introduce a few other people to the domain flipping game.

@Liquid Can you just merge this with the Making Money Online thread? These nikkas ain't ready for this shyt yet.
Domain names, can't you use up to like 100 names on one hosting account, or is it one domain per account?

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Domain names, can't you use up to like 100 names on one hosting account, or is it one domain per account?

I use namecheap.com as my registrar. I'd say 90% of the domains I own don't point to an actual website and just sit on namecheap. Some people like to call it "domain squatting". I think as long as you're not sitting on someones brand or trademark it's not a bad thing. All 60 of my domain names are on Namecheap.

But ya, if you have webhosting you can usually point as many domains as you want to that one host. I host a few on Rackhost, that point to actual sites.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4