Does The Way A Woman Dress Contribute To Male Street Harassment?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes and No. I've seen guys make comments to women they were attracted to, regardless of how they were dressed. I also think if you're dressed a certain way, you should expect SOMEONE to say something. With that said, I feel the term "street harassment" has very different definitions for everyone. A guy making a comment or trying to get a woman's number isn't harassment to me, it's more so when it's non-stop, following a woman around and then becoming belligerent. That's an issue and shouldn't be acceptable no matter what the woman is wearing.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Yes because men can't control themselves and society makes them feel like they don't have to sense "boys will be boys" and "men will be men"

tater

Superstar
Daps
Yes, but there's levels.

Didn't watch the video but the woman in the screenshot is getting harassed if she had on a moo moo and a bonnet. :yeshrug:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
There has to be a way to speak to someone you'd like to meet without it being a level of abuse, right?

Women appreciate meeting guys like that in some situatuons, right?

I'm truly asking.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
The whole concept of "street harassment" is odd for me coming from down south. Everyone lives in houses with yards(maybe 2 story apartments) I.E. You can only fit so many people together. Which means the only people you gone see on the "street" are the same dudes you saw since 2nd grade :manny: Everyone drives to where they gotta go.:francis: Only place chicks really get ran up on is like the mall. :manny:

Funny thing is I know women ...even in my fam find it hard to meet men and I think part of it is the dynamic of life down here. If you wake up -> get in the car -> drive to work -> leave work -> drive to the store _> drive home. The chances of meeting anyone is pretty slim in between all that driving and working. You have to hope whatever random place you goto(church, grocery store, mall, social gathering, etc.) will have someone you find attractive.:patrice: