Does power corrupt? Or are corruptible people just more attracted to power?

Does power corrupt? Or are corruptible people just more attracted to power?

• Total voters

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Coli psychology thread. :heh:

But for real, a lot of people wonder why the world ends up with terrible leaders all the time. Netanyahu, King Jong Un, Putin, Trump, Bolsonaro, etc. I could go on. Billions of people on the planet and these are the types who end up in power.

Do you think there's something about having power that causes people to become corrupt? Or is it that people who are ruthless and have no morals are just more likely to seek out and get into power in the first place?

Obviously both can be true, but which is more true? Does power corrupt or does it just attract people who were bad to begin with? :patrice:

Assata Shakur

In Cuba chilling
Daps
Corruptible people seek power more. They have this evil European mentality of wanting to control others. Just look at good African people who power never corrupted, George Jackson, Malcolm X , Patrice Lumumba and many more

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
"And they say money power change you
But money power don't change you
It just make you more of what you already are"

(c) Phonte

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Corrupt people seek out power to weild it corruptly........and in doing so attract more like people to their orbit

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
I think power just magnifies "what you're into." For example, I own a muscle car. If I had the power, I would own 20 muscle cars.