Does nintendo got a big game console coming out soon or no?

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Random thought…i dont really hear about them…(i know they do good still) but im talkn a ps5 type console

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
as far as a console on par with current gen consoles? no way

a possible console that will be as good(maybe) as a ps pro/one x? probably 2023, Nintendo most likely are not gonna leave the hybrid model they have now which gave them new life beyond their dedicated portables and consoles but having a hybrid models means they are always gonna be bottlenecking their performance to battery life, and the size of internal parts.

not only that but nintendo isn't going to compete with sony and microsoft in loss leading hardware. They are a profit driven video game company, which means they are limited by their pricing model of not going beyond 300 dollars.

Last edited:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
as far as a console on par with current gen consoles? no way

a possible console that will be as good(maybe) as a ps pro/one x? probably 2023, Nintendo most likely are not gonna leave the hybrid model they have now which gave them new life beyond their dedicated portables and consoles but having a hybrid models means they are always gonna be bottlenecking their performance to battery life, and the size of internal parts.

not only that but nintendo isn't going to compete with sony and microsoft in loss leading hardware. They are a profit driven video game company, which means they are limited by their pricing model of not going beyond 300 dollars.

thanks for the info…it randomly popped in my head…nintendo kinda just focuses on handheld gaming now?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
thanks for the info…it randomly popped in my head…nintendo kinda just focuses on handheld gaming now?
I’d say hybrid gaming more so. Grant the home console part of the switch does feel more underwhelming as time passes on. Unless you still have a 1080p Tv lying around I think the switch is a handheld only system IMO.

But anyway Nintendo has always done well in the handheld market. I doubt we will see them with a home only console ever again tbh. Also worth noting since the N64 sales wise Nintendo home console were kind of inconsistent outside of the Wii & Switch.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
There has been rumors. Think most people consider them false since they just announced that revision but I'm not so sure

I think the updated switch revision with the oled will get a full year on the market

And then they'll announce the next console with a release date for late quarter 3/4 of 2023

Nintendo has had renewed interest in getting third party interest back and they need the next console out relatively soon. Too many multiplatform games are only stream capable or everyone is impressed devs managed to get them working on the switch :skip:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There has been rumors. Think most people consider them false since they just announced that revision but I'm not so sure

I think the updated switch revision with the oled will get a full year on the market

And then they'll announce the next console with a release date for late quarter 3/4 of 2023

Nintendo has had renewed interest in getting third party interest back and they need the next console out relatively soon. Too many multiplatform games are only stream capable or everyone is impressed devs managed to get them working on the switch :skip:

I think those miracle ports are about done with. Looks like the big 3rd party games are going straight streaming. For example, the GoTG game is gonna be a streaming title along with a couple others announced during e3.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
'random thought popped in my head'

Right. Just another random thread thinly veiled as an anti-Nintendo thread.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The Switch is about to surpass the lifetime sales of their last highest selling console, the Wii, by the end of this year. They’re not ditching the Switch format for another statonary beefy boy console so it can sell 10 million units overall again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Switch is about to surpass the lifetime sales of their last highest selling console, the Wii, by the end of this year. They’re not ditching the Switch format for another statonary beefy boy console so it can sell 10 million units overall again.

Yeah, i guess the only problem theoretically is that instead of having two markets they now only have the one hybrid market. Before they were selling 150m ds and 100m Wii’s, and now they’re kind of combining their two markets into one to sell an inbetween amount of both.

Nintendo switch is a huge success but it kinda proved it was a Hail Mary after the up and down sales of their stationary consoles.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah, i guess the only problem theoretically is that instead of having two markets they now only have the one hybrid market. Before they were selling 150m ds and 100m Wii’s, and now they’re kind of combining their two markets into one to sell an inbetween amount of both.

Nintendo switch is a huge success but it kinda proved it was a Hail Mary after the up and down sales of their stationary consoles.
Outside of the Wii Nintendo home consoles haven’t sold that well as of the last 25 years.
N64 - 33 million
GameCube - 21 million
Wii U - 13 million

I think Nintendo is looking at those numbers rather then the Wii. Makes the switch to hybrid a no brained since they keep the handheld crowd since it’s a clear upgrade for them.

A lot of Nintendo fans that grew with the system moved to either Sony or Microsoft’s lane starting during the Wii era, but sticked with their handhelds.

The biggest issue is how they will maintain 3rd party support which is the best since the SNES. Still a more powerful switch is kind of needed to overcome this issue.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Outside of the Wii Nintendo home consoles haven’t sold that well as of the last 25 years.
N64 - 33 million
GameCube - 21 million
Wii U - 13 million

I think Nintendo is looking at those numbers rather then the Wii. Makes the switch to hybrid a no brained since they keep the handheld crowd since it’s a clear upgrade for them.

A lot of Nintendo fans that grew with the system moved to either Sony or Microsoft’s lane starting during the Wii era, but sticked with their handhelds.

The biggest issue is how they will maintain 3rd party support which is the best since the SNES. Still a more powerful switch is kind of needed to overcome this issue.

yeah, they could just go full on cloud streaming to save themselves the hassle because they will never be able to get current gen ports anyway.

it will be interesting to see if Nintendo carries over our libraries from the switch to whatever their new console will be. I can't imagine nintendo not selling ports or giving upgrades but i guess we'll see.