does fasting or avoid eating help reduce fat on the stomach

bucks3115

Superstar
Daps
does fasting or avoid eating help reduce fat on the stomach ?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Not if you aren't eating under maintenance.

Intermittent fasting just makes it easier to stay under a calorie limit. I am less hungry through the day if I have 2-3 big meals vs trying to have 6-8 worthless meals from when I wake up to when I go to bed. Instead of being hungry for 16 hours a day, I'm only really hungry from when I wake up to when I have my first meal at lunch. And I've been doing it so long I'm used to it now.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Not if you aren't eating under maintenance.

Intermittent fasting just makes it easier to stay under a calorie limit. I am less hungry through the day if I have 2-3 big meals vs trying to have 6-8 worthless meals from when I wake up to when I go to bed. Instead of being hungry for 16 hours a day, I'm only really hungry from when I wake up to when I have my first meal at lunch. And I've been doing it so long I'm used to it now.
This, plus not eating can eventually tell your body that it won't be getting fuel so it will hold on to fat as a survival method.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
This, plus not eating can eventually tell your body that it won't be getting fuel so it will hold on to fat as a survival method.
Yea, I would not go any longer than ~16 hours w/o food unless you have no other choice or know exactly what you're doing.

Other danger of holding out to long is it's way easier to pull glycogen out of muscles than to mobilize fat... lifting will help mitigate that.... but it's hard to lift when you're hungry

But I like IF.... works really well for me.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
You can't reduce ONLY fat on the stomach. You have to lose weight/fat everywhere. Which means eating a caloric deficit.

It will take time to figure out what daily intake # will cause that deficit.

That said, yes, if fasting or skipping meals helps you maintain that deficit without significantly impacting your life otherwise, absolutely go for it.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
does fasting or avoid eating help reduce fat on the stomach ?
No. When you gain weight, your body stores it in a particular order. Think about a pile of cards that are in numerical order, 1 to 100, and then you have eight piles to create. Each pile is named stomach, back, arms, legs, neck, face, fingers, and feet. Your brain takes a card and puts it on one of the eight piles every time you gain weight. Every time you lose weight, it will take off a card from the pile with the latest card. Your body has a tendency to add more cards to certain piles, like the stomach or the legs. As you gain weight, you will have more cards in the stomach and the legs. If you really get heavy, you'll start getting cards on the feet and fingers pile. That's where your body tends to put fat last. If you fast to lose weight, you will lose it where your body put fat last. If your body removed fat from the stomach area first always, then you would have people with fat fingers and necks but six-pack abs.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
No. When you gain weight, your body stores it in a particular order. Think about a pile of cards that are in numerical order, 1 to 100, and then you have eight piles to create. Each pile is named stomach, back, arms, legs, neck, face, fingers, and feet. Your brain takes a card and puts it on one of the eight piles every time you gain weight. Every time you lose weight, it will take off a card from the pile with the latest card. Your body has a tendency to add more cards to certain piles, like the stomach or the legs. As you gain weight, you will have more cards in the stomach and the legs. If you really get heavy, you'll start getting cards on the feet and fingers pile. That's where your body tends to put fat last. If you fast to lose weight, you will lose it where your body put fat last. If your body removed fat from the stomach area first always, then you would have people with fat fingers and necks but six-pack abs.
:obama:

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Cut on carbs some and definitely refined sugars.

I would schedule most carb intake before and/or after a workout

I've lost quite of stomach fat in only 3 months while lifting. Would probably be more if I didn't neglect ab exercises :francis:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I was thinking the same. I have one last layer of stomach fat to get rid of to make my stomach completely flat and to get my V-Cut more defined. I've been doing IF for the past week. I dont know if it's working. In the morning after I do my daily morning ab workouts, that's when my abs show the most, because I've been fasting(VIA sleep) but after that, my stomach starts looking a tad bit flabby again, even before I start my 1st meal of the day(around 1:30ish-2ish). Eh, I guess I'm getting somewhere. My weight keeps fluctuating between 149 and 143. I can def say I'm at a cal deficit. I eat vegan chicken strips with flax seed tortillas for lunch(or Tuna raps from Jimmy Johns) or than I eat those Vegan strips for dinner. When should I start dinner while doing IF?

:jbhmm: