Does everyone have a chance to make it?

Does everyone have a chance in this life?

• Total voters

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps
I say No, everyone doesn't have a chance to succeed. This is as obvious to me as 2 + 2 = 4. Some people shouldn't have been born, because it's literally impossible for them reach great success. Even if they try hard, they won't even be able to have basic needs in life met, without external assistance.

You can be born into poverty in a developed nation.

I'm not saying to never try, I'm just making the point that some are screwed by circumstance not by their laziness or stupidity. They might try to at least prove that they gave it their best, but it simply won't ever work out for them without luck. Many people deserve better for all the effort they put in, but they were doomed since birth.

My mother refuses to agree. She acts like for most people born into poverty, it's mostly their fault that they aren't able to get out. She thinks about the 0.01% of of people who got lucky, and ignores all the other people who tried hard but didn't get lucky.

Where do you stand on this?

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Probably not, especially for those kids that have f*cked up credit at the age of 4 because their parents didn't have their sh!t together....or parents who give their children f*cked up sounding names that they have to write on applications wit a straight face

Employer: "Is that you REAL name? :krs:"

Person wit f*cked up name: :snoop: :wow: *sigh* "Yes....yes that's my real name."

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
No.

And it's shame, because; I believe the duty of the blessed is to protect and serve the less fortunate. This is where ppl misuse/misconstrue the place blessings have in their life.

I count as one. I find myself overwhelmed with the sight of ppl who need help, so; I find myself not helping. No, I can't help every old lady cross the street, but; I have one surviving grandparent and I could call and visit her, more.

No, not everyone can "make it" (depends on your idea of "making it," but that's a long post), but; we, who are, can help them.

Probably not, especially for those kids that have f*cked up credit at the age of 4 because their parents didn't have their sh!t together....or parents who give their children f*cked up sounding names that they have to write on applications wit a straight face

Employer: "Is that you REAL name? :krs:"

Person wit f*cked up name: :snoop: :wow: *sigh* "Yes....yes that's my real name."

I've always felt those types should legally changed their names.

They don't have to "go by it," out in public, but; they won't have a crazy name at the job

Rem

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Excellent OP, I agree with your points. Although i'd add that it depends on how you define success. For example, there are countries in Africa where the average family lives off under a dollar a day. For a teenager that comes from that kind of family, if he's able to hustle his way out of the slums a few months later, and started making 5 dollars a day, that is success of some form (to him) isn't it? but to you, would you define that as success?

If we're using the west as a barometer of success (no debts, nice car,nice house,healthy, good family) , then yes, many people's lives are almost* destined to be failures for the simple fact that they happened to have been born amongst the (many) low class of a third world country(and they can't get out) ...see numerous kids in the slums of africa/asia/south america.

* Unless they fight against all odds, and are able to overcome extreme adversities (chances of that are very low of course).

In a developed country you can be born into poverty and fight your way up the world because there is usually (somewhat) of a system in place. In some of these third world countries on the other hand, growing up and having even "just enough" to make you live a comfortable life (owning a car, having cable, digital tv e.t.c) is actually a pipe dream for many kids, it's actually upsetting when you think about it.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
yes

barring health or mental illness

the only difference between you and the next man is the mindset

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Yes.

The window of opportunity is not the same for everyone tho. There is a difference between me, and a nikka like Rob Kardashian for example who can jus wake up one day and decide to start a tie & sock company.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone can't be successful because if everyone was successful then no one would be successful. Think about that for a second. :comeon:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
There isn't an option for yes and no(maybe).....

Anyone can be successful, but there will most like be barriers that you may have to overcome to achieve that success.