Does anyone here know how to reball a fat ps3?

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
I’m trying to play some of my old ps3 games again but the console light is blinking yellow constantly which means I have to most likely reball it. Only thing is I don’t know were the hell I can find some thermal paste and this will be my first time doing this any suggestions besides going to the video game repair store?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
:francis: i feel ya pain i've been trying to go back and play some tales games, but my ps3 doesn't power on and when it does is for 5 minutes and then bye....just buy another one even though those prices online are:francis::hhh: and gamestop is outta stock online

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
:francis: i feel ya pain i've been trying to go back and play some tales games, but my ps3 doesn't power on and when it does is for 5 minutes and then bye....just buy another one even though those prices online are:francis::hhh: and gamestop is outta stock online
Sony should’ve just made backwards compatibility for the ps4 if they weren’t going to add all the ps3 games to the ps store or ps now. It’s like they stopped thinking long term when they made the ps3 I don’t get it. I’m not getting another one because I have too much data on the one that needs to be repaired.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Sony should’ve just made backwards compatibility for the ps4 if they weren’t going to add all the ps3 games to the ps store or ps now. It’s like they stopped thinking long term when they made the ps3 I don’t get it. I’m not getting another one because I have too much data on the one that needs to be repaired.

well here comes the PS5, so get ready to spend between 499-599 for a new system that finally plays all your favorite games:troll:

Sony was definitely acting a bit like apple , holding back on OBVIOUS features just to sell it as new marketing ploy in the future. Xbox has compatibility and 4k but sadly their games aren't that appealing :yeshrug: it is what it is

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not trying to be funny but what do you mean by “reball” ...?

I’m not familiar w/ that term

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange

They were thinking long term alright. The thinking was "if we give them backwards compatibility nobody will sign up for this PS Now."

They can't make money off PS3 games if the PS4 is backwards compatible but they can make money off PS Now if it's not.

That's capitalism for ya :francis:

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
Those ps3 fat boys were a piece of shyt or maybe I just didn't take care of it

2 of mine broke (stopped reading the blu-ray) but I had that best buy 2 year warranty where you could take it back and get a new one with no questions asked

Then bought my pops a slim and been using that one ever since with no problems

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those ps3 fat boys were a piece of shyt or maybe I just didn't take care of it

2 of mine broke (stopped reading the blu-ray) but I had that best buy 2 year warranty where you could take it back and get a new one with no questions asked

Then bought my pops a slim and been using that one ever since with no problems

I loved the first PS3 slim...only console I ever regretted selling/trading in