Does anyone else wish there were better anime-based games

Daps
I was just thinking, Bandai Namco has literally every big IP in the anime/manga industry, but the most they do with them is make a low budget arena fighter every year. If we're lucky, maybe we'll get a 2.5D fighter by Arcsys or a game made by CC2 (good animation, superb particle effects).

There are a few well made games, I think Hinokami Chronicles was kind of good, but then you have Kakarot, made by the same guys but the gap in quality between them is clear. And I understand why. There was a lot of meddling with Kakarot and that was the best they could do under the circumstances.

Bandai Namco is basically Activision, I'd even call it a Japanese EA. A typical AAA video game takes about 3 or 4 years to develop. But if you look at Dimps (who makes a good bit of the DB games) it's crazy how many games they are currently working on. Sometimes they'll release 2 or 3 games. IN A SINGLE YEAR! When in that time any other game company will just release one game.

A lot of Bandai's anime games put no effort into the story, or aesthetics, or even the roster and just put what little they have in the PvP. Look at Jump Force.

It's gotten to the point where soft launched mobile games made by China are looking like they have higher quality

^^^ Region locked by the way

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hate weeby stuff these days, just can’t stomach the teeny bopper, save the world with the power of friendship shonen inspired stuff anymore.

Buuuuuut i would looooove a game in the style of Guilty Gear that’s NOT a fighter. Somethign with the graphical fidelity of Guilty Gear or DBZ FighterZ but action oriented/adventure gameplay thats actually fun.

Ni No Kuni sort of had the right idea but the story and gameplay is trash. Thats why im looking forward to the One Piece RPG even though they could have done better with the art style

Give me something that looks and has the mood of Tower of God

Daps
Buuuuuut i would looooove a game in the style of Guilty Gear that’s NOT a fighter. Somethign with the graphical fidelity of Guilty Gear or DBZ FighterZ but action oriented/adventure gameplay thats actually fun.
You mean combat like Genshin or DBZ Kakarot? I get it. I don't really like 2D fighters either, or turn-based games. I want more freedom which is why I actually prefer Arena Fighters although I get why people dislike those (cutscene attacks).

Also, I'm kind of surprised that I'm in the minority, but I feel like graphics should be a big part of an anime game. I mean, anime is a visual medium so it's only natural that the games look good too, but a lot of these games don't even try to match the mangaka's style - like the OP game you mentioned. They look like figurines.

I don't think they should be flashy and overanimated, it's bad when an anime does that too, but if Chinese mobile games can make their games anime accurate then $60 Next-Gens should be able to as well.

That was my problem with Kakarot, too. The models kind of brought down the cutscenes, as did the clay-looking textures on them and the world.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You mean combat like Genshin or DBZ Kakarot? I get it. I don't really like 2D fighters either, or turn-based games. I want more freedom which is why I actually prefer Arena Fighters although I get why people dislike those (cutscene attacks).

Also, I'm kind of surprised that I'm in the minority, but I feel like graphics should be a big part of an anime game. I mean, anime is a visual medium so it's only natural that the games look good too, but a lot of these games don't even try to match the mangaka's style - like the OP game you mentioned. They look like figurines.

I don't think they should be flashy and overanimated, it's bad when an anime does that too, but if Chinese mobile games can make their games anime accurate then $60 Next-Gens should be able to as well.

That was my problem with Kakarot, too. The models kind of brought down the cutscenes, as did the clay-looking textures on them and the world.

Combat more like Scarlet Nexus