Does anyone else think Hudlin's Panther was better than Priest's?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I mean all praises due to Owlsey but I didn't appraciate his portrayal of T'challa he was more a force of nature than a character. Yeah he kicked ass and did a bunch of fly shyt. But he wasn't really the focus.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I PREFER Hudlin over Priest but Priest laid the groundwork for Hudlin to follow as far as making T'Challa a complex, badass, political powerhouse who also had elements of heroism wrapped within the frame of black nobility.

There are elements of Priest's run that I love to death but he also made some questionable moves (Hunter:dahell: and Ross narrating :aicmon:) that kept from me from being completely emersed the way I was with Hudlin

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
^^ Pretty much

Priest's run is my earliest memory of modern Panther. It laid groundwork, but there was definitely room for Hudlin to advance the character and the world around him - which he did.

Hudlin's run definitely had a bunch of White writers catching feelings, probably starting with the opening prologue. And they're still mad today. I read Civil War 2 like :childplease: when T'challa hit a bunch of characters with the :camby:and one of them turns to Storm and says "I can't believe you used to be married to him".

Who would have thought that re-writing her from Logan's side-piece to a Queen would have so many people in their feelings? :mjpls:

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality šŸ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
My initial thought/feeling is no but Ima have to go back and reread to really make sure. CM always use an excuse to do so :shaq:

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Hudlin's run was okay but it does not hold a candle to Priest's run imo.