does anyone else love the color of money like i do?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
anybody else a fan of this movie? :lupe:

this is the movie that made paul newman my favorite actor of all time. i love this movie. it's a kind of sequel to the hustler film from 1961. the hustler was originally a novel in 1959 and it was adapted into a movie in 1961 which starred paul newman as a pool hustler. but in the color of money paul newman plays the same character (eddie felson) he was in the hustler only 20 years later. he's retired and he's sellin' liquor now. to make a long story short without givin' too much away he becomes a coach for a new hustler on the scene and tries to help him and his girlfriend a long the way. martin scorsese directed it :ohlawd:

here's the trailer for anyone who's interested in checkin' this movie out or who hasn't seen it

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
The Hustler is my favorite movie of all time. shyt had so many gems. I've never seen The Color of Money, though :sadcam:

really? yeah, the hustler is a classic. as classic as classic gets.

the hustler was a great follow up to it because it captures 20 years later so effortlessly. i liked the fact that they were able to pull where and what eddie felson was up too years later. it was only right that he became a coach for someone else who was a bit like he was in the hustler.

paul newman's actin' in the hustler is excellent:wow:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Ha. It's one of my favorite movies, though I haven't watched it in years. Watched it all the time growing up. Prolly one of the main reasons I took to shooting pool like I did, now that you bring this up.

Scorsese directed it? I really had no idea! :russ: No, seriously.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
really? yeah, the hustler is a classic. as classic as classic gets.

the hustler was a great follow up to it because it captures 20 years later so effortlessly. i liked the fact that they were able to pull where and what eddie felson was up too years later. it was only right that he became a coach for someone else who was a bit like he was in the hustler.

paul newman's actin' in the hustler is excellent:wow:

Alll arts, no matter the medium, should watch the hustler

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Ha. It's one of my favorite movies, though I haven't watched it in years. Watched it all the time growing up. Prolly one of the main reasons I took to shooting pool like I did, now that you bring this up.

Scorsese directed it? I really had no idea! :russ: No, seriously.

yeah, scorsese even had his dad play a small role in it. here's scorsese's dad shakin' hands with paul newman

Color-of-Money3.png

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
watchin this on HBO2E right now :smugfavre:
Gonna have to watch "The Hustler" again without the commercial breaks.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Just watched this flick..Dope :banderas:
Paul Newman was smooth in this
Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio :noah:

Didn't even feel like Scorcese flick..Think i'm bout to spark up & watch Round Midnight