Does anyone else believe that Micah from RDR 2 was a poorly written character?

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
RDR 2 is a masterpiece without a doubt but I can’t help but to notice how cartoonishly evil Micah was. He had no redeeming characteristics and he was straight up bad throughout the entire game to the point where it was obvious that he would be the one to betray and break up the gang. Rockstar should of made him a sheep in wolfs clothing type villain. Brash, outspoken and a bit manipulative but at the same time supportive, loyal and caring towards the gang instead of being an outright a$$hole so that way it would be a bit of a shock once we find out that he was the rat.

I know that this might be an unpopular opinion but that’s just how I feel regarding the character. :yeshrug:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
RDR 2 is a masterpiece without a doubt but I can’t help but to notice how cartoonishly evil Micah was. He had no redeeming characteristics and he was straight up bad throughout the entire game to the point where it was obvious that he would be the one to betray and break up the gang. Rockstar should of made him a sheep in wolfs clothing type villain. Brash, outspoken and a bit manipulative but at the same time supportive, loyal and caring towards the gang instead of being an outright a$$hole so that way it would be a bit of a shock once we find out that he was the rat.

I know that this might be an unpopular opinion but that’s just how I feel regarding the character. :yeshrug:
You right about him not being a redeeming character but the solution is wrong. I think they should have kept him the same and let everyone think he was the rat, before finding out it was someone else they all trusted like Mary beth or some shyt. He still a racist so he deserves the animosity regardless.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I thought the whole story was poorly written for this same reason.

Everything was telegraphed.

You knew exactly where everything was going very early on. You just had to wait through like 15 hours of the story for the characters to figure it out

Daps
Dutch always felt like the real bad guy and Micah was the side kick. I think some the game was probably cut in early development with that whole black water heist. They lost like 5 members and went on the run. Showing some of that would’ve added more weight to his character.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I thought the whole story was poorly written for this same reason.

Everything was telegraphed.

You knew exactly where everything was going very early on. You just had to wait through like 15 hours of the story for the characters to figure it out
I mean it was a prequel :pachaha: