does anybody here not believe and PRETEND to be a christian/religious?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
i've been (somewhat) honest about my beliefs since last summer but ugh... its so much damn social pressure :ld: down here at least. i'm starting to feel like faking it just to relieve some of the social pressure. maybe that's wrong but shyt i don't know what else to do. i can't move any time soon, butg i'm starting to lean towards that more and more... who else is in this place :demonic:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
It's never perfect. I don't hide my faith, but the higher up you get professionally and socially, people look at you like an a$$hole for believing. I firmly believe that douchey Atheists and crazy Christians are the same person, just different ends of the spectrum.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
naw you dont wanna pretend to be a christian those guys are gonna try to convince you to go to a soldiers funeral with a sign and yell about the fukking fakkits, its a bad scene.

SYDNEY AMBROSE

In Gotham Stalking Bruce Wayne
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Nah....Being Raised In A Heavily Religious Jewish Home It Came Naturally Now I Still Believe And Whatnot But Not That Much :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My belief system is very complex...

I will defend religion when I am in a group of atheist, and I will defend Atheism (which I personally consider to be a religion) in a group of Christians and other religions...

I am contradictory type of person...I don't like to agree with people (expect when we are talking facts and logic), because I don't think you learn or know anything until you have tested it...

That's why I don't have too many "friends," outside family members, I haven't met anybody who has been able to handle a truthful conversation with me...

From the time we are born we get indoctrinated with a fear of anything that's different...Society forces us to pick sides, and when you start questioning, you are quickly labelled, and you have a choice to either fall in line or keep going against the grain...

I think this societal construct plays an important role in increasing people's risk to a lifetime of low self-esteem and depression...

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
My belief system is very complex...

I will defend religion when I am in a group of atheist, and I will defend Atheism (which I personally consider to be a religion) in a group of Christians and other religions...

I am contradictory type of person...I don't like to agree with people (expect when we are talking facts and logic), because I don't think you learn or know anything until you have tested it...

That's why I don't have too many "friends," outside family members, I haven't met anybody who has been able to handle a truthful conversation with me...

From the time we are born we get indoctrinated with a fear of anything that's different...Society forces us to pick sides, and when you start questioning, you are quickly labelled, and you have a choice to either fall in line or keep going against the grain...

I think this societal construct plays an important role in increasing people's risk to a lifetime of low self-esteem and depression...
naw you dont have many friends because you are an a$$hole with a lot of crazy theories. people like that rarely have friends.

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do when I am around my family, mainly my mom. She just would never understand. She's not even a Bible Thumper, hardly ever took us to church growing up but does believe in it. I think it's just better not to ever bring it up

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Nah....Being Raised In A Heavily Religious Jewish Home It Came Naturally Now I Still Believe And Whatnot But Not That Much :manny:

A Jewish girl on the Coli?! :mjpls:

Anyway, thread starter you in Dallas? I know what you mean bruh. I mean I knew this place was Bible Belt-ish before I came here, but it really is how you described. I do sort of feel like an outcast, and if I was raised in a Christian home and stopped "believing" I'd probably still act like I did. Like legit this is the kind of place where co-workers would look at you differently if they knew that about you. Being an atheist in the south is... pretty miserable

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
i've been (somewhat) honest about my beliefs since last summer but ugh... its so much damn social pressure :ld: down here at least. i'm starting to feel like faking it just to relieve some of the social pressure. maybe that's wrong but shyt i don't know what else to do. i can't move any time soon, butg i'm starting to lean towards that more and more... who else is in this place :demonic:

When you say pretend to be a christian what exactly do you mean?