Do you/will you, let your kids eat a bunch of junk food?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I don't have kids, but I know they can be a LOAD to say teh least and I know it's can be easy to just stop at Sonic or McDonalds, etc and just get them stuff to eat, rather than try to prepare them something at home or go someone else healthier.

But the way I see it(looking at ppl I know with kids), is they get hooked on fast food and then it's hard to get them to eat anything else that's even semi-healthy. Hell, some of us even grew up like that. They always want chicken nuggets, pizza, mozzarella sticks, etc. Even though they are young, that's not a good way to start training their bodies, no? By the time they are a little older you could already be setting them up for bad health.

If/when I do have kids I'm gonna at least try to make an effort to get them eating healthy from the get go. If you dont expose them do a bunch of junk food, they won't make such a fuss over wanting it.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I will let them eat junk food but not a bunch.

My step dad would only let us eat junk food on the weekend, when we got our allowances we could buy whatever junk food we wanted. :blessed:

During the week it was nothing but healthy stuff. :upsetfavre:

I'll probably do that for my kids. lol

Daps
I'm not truly sure how the junk food will be rationed out but ill let them eat it some every couple of weeks perhaps. I'm hopefully going to raise my kids vegan though so i might be a bit left field for this question.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will let them eat junk food but not a bunch.

My step dad would only let us eat junk food on the weekend, when we got our allowances we could buy whatever junk food we wanted. :blessed:

During the week it was nothing but healthy stuff. :upsetfavre:

I'll probably do that for my kids. lol
This is how I am.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
My mom gave us all the snacks when we were growing up but we also had a snack time. During the school year it was easy waiting for 3pm but on days off and the summer, shyt was agonizing. My little brother was the only one that held on to his baby fat til he hit 15.

We were active kids though. Outside every day, riding bikes, skating (I was a beast on those rollerblades :ohlawd:) and running everywhere with friends.

Anddd my mom planned our meals for the week so we had a variety of pretty damn good food and then dessert. This was true when video games became a big part of life as well.

If I were to have kids, that's pretty much how I'd do it.