Do you use the Air Conditioner in your car or Windows Down?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'll admit I'm cheap. My pops tells me that it doesn't waste gas but it seems like it to me? I only use the air conditioner unless it's absolutely neccessary. What about you? Windows down or air conditioner?

Asiatic Black Hebrew

Zulu passenger out of Africa
Daps
It's been humid as fukk lately so I been using AC. It uses gas but a gneeguh is not about to drive around sweating. When the sun goes down though I'll usually put the windows down halfway & open that moonroof :win:

Sweet

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AC all day everyday and I hate riding in cars with people that don't use their ac. Like seriously you are not saving any gas. I dot like going places all hot and sticky bc you too stupid to put your ac on. I will be driving from now on. Thanks.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Driving over 50mph, its more efficient to use the AC.

For the sedan, when the windows were down, the efficiency was reduced by 20 percent, while the SUV fuel efficiency was reduced just 8 percent [source: Hill]. These differences are an important factor in determining just how much the windows down option will affect the fuel efficiency of your vehicle. The study concluded that the more aerodynamic the vehicle, the more drag open windows will create.

When driving at speeds of more than 55 miles per hour (88.5 kilometers per hour) with the windows down, there's a decrease in fuel efficiency of 20 percent or more. Although using the air conditioner decreases fuel efficiency as well, cooling the air through the compressor only decreases the fuel efficiency by about 10 percent [source: Arthur].

So, when traveling at speeds around 50 miles per hour (80.5 kilometers per hour) or faster, air conditioning is usually a better bet, but what about when you're simply cruising around town? Keep reading to find out how you can save a little bit of fuel on those slow-speed short trips.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I would roll the windows down when I'm around town but when I hop on the freeway I let the air blow. Much more comfortable ride when you got the window up and air going on the highway. I use the air when my daughter is in the car. It's not good to drive up somewhere and you sweating like you just walked there.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
i dont use the ac unless a girl in the car

that shyt burns gas nikka

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i use the AC